Sunday, March 9, 2008

Stardust




Friday night Jeff and I actually managed to both rent a movie AND watch it. This rarely happens. Usually we either can't get up the gumption to rent a movie, can't find one we want to see, or we rent one and then are too tired to put it in the DVD player and watch it. But friday we beat the odds and suceeded in watching an entire movie (without pausing it 127 times for various kid related reasons). The real upside was that we also actually LIKED this movie, which also rarely happens.
Stardust is one of those movies that I vaguely remember hearing of but had absolutely no idea what it was about. I think my dad may have said that "every movie should be like Stardust". Sorry if I'm quoting you wrong Dad, but I have this wierd memory of you saying that.
If you haven't seen Stardust, you should. It is extremely well made and is a lot of fun to watch. Michelle Pfeiffer is GORGEOUS and as the evil witch of the movie you find yourself rooting for her because she is so darn pretty. Also, Robert DeNiro is very funny - and I rarely, if ever, like Robert DeNiro.
So go to your local Redbox, put it on the top of your Netflix list, or actually visit a Blockbuster and rent it. Support a movie that I don't think a lot of people saw, and that the "genius" Oscar people didn't recognize.
And no. I'm not going to tell you what it's about. You'll just have to see it, like I did, to find out.
I'm not sure I could explain it anyway.

4 luvs:

Annie said...

Go and I have a theory that the reason it didn't do very well was because of the awful movie poster. It's a shame because it was a GREAT movie.

Erin said...

We liked it too! Such a good movie.

Merinda Cutler said...

I spent about 24 hours on Thai Airways on my way to New Zealand and back to visit my parents, and I think I watched every movie they had on, except this one! The description of it was weird in the brochure--I couldn't quite grasp what genre it was and what it was about. I'm glad to know it was worth seeing. I'll not skip it next time I have a chance!

Alonso Family said...

my mom actually had rented it and i noticed it and asked if it was worth watching, she said she thought it was really fun so i borrowed it. my mom's not the scifi fantasy freak that i am, so her critic was an understatement. i loved it, it one of those where the main characters really grow on you and by the end you are like why haven't i heard of this before it was fabulous!

aby, you better call me soon, young lady! i have been trying to get a hold of you for over a week!