2011 why are you so terribly heartless?
So far you've:
1. Broken Jeff's leg.
2. Broken Jeff's front crown.
3. Broken our dryer (which Jeff did awesomely fix).
4. Knocked down half of the fence on the back edge of our yard.
5. Caused a mysterious ailment to come over the vacuum.
6. Poured buckets of snow and cold on us.
7. Canceled school so often that the littles will NEVER see Summer break (although I do admittedly love a snow day).
8. Caused my bedroom window to leak because of all the ice in the gutters.
9. Sickened us non-stop and with all manner of sickness.
10. Made my home what I now call the poop central. The number of tremendously poopy, leaky diapers I've dealt with in the last couple weeks is INSANE. The other day Oz was nearly up to his neck in poop. Gross? Too bad, at least you're not cleaning it up.
It's #9 that's taking the worst toll on me. Last winter, we got sick maybe once. Right now 3 littles are sick, Rome's the worst and the WORST patient as well. Today he's taken to moaning and crying and groaning and moaning and crying some more. Also, Rome seems to be very much like my brother Spencer in that he has NO ability to whisper or keep his voice down (something we've all been requested to do however by him, Rome, several times). My heart goes out to the poor kid, 3 days of fever is no good or fun. But to be honest, all the moaning has got me a little sick of the sickie.
2011, please oh please just leave us alone.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Have Mercy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
I'm so sorry Aby. Topher has been pretty poopy here as well. It's such a pain to have sick kiddos, especially when your sympathy wears thin. It's not long until spring!! Love, Karen
Oh no! That is horrible. It sounds like Rome is a man-in-training. I can hear his wife now - "My husband is the toughest guy on earth...until he gets sick!" I'm really sorry. I hope 2011 has really great treats up its sleeve to make up for all these tricks.
Rome is following in the footsteps of his maternal grandfather, great guy, LOUSY patient.
Wow! You're the second person today I've noticed has switched places with us in the sick department. Knock on wood we're doing pretty well right now. Of course now that I've said that everyone will be sick by tomorrow.
So sorry about the windows. That stinks! I was just talking to Jason last night telling him that I'm bound and determined to make 2011 a good year no matter what.
Hang in there!
Sorry, Aby. Sick children are the worst--especially when they're old enough to realize that they can milk it. Here's to hoping for no more sickness--or any other bad news for the Runyan household.
Post a Comment