Jeff and I celebrated 10 years of marriage on September 8th.
I woke up to this. Which was cheating because Jeff wasn't supposed to buy me anything. We'd already gotten our gift to each other, the juicer in the background (we LOVE it).
My real engagement and wedding bands have sadly gotten too small. I cannot get them on my apparently fatter finger anymore. Well, actually I CAN get them on - it's getting them off that's truly tricky. This set is from Stauer, a company that Jeff and I both love. He's gotten me several pieces of jewelry from there before, and it's always gorgeous. While these are technically "real" diamonds, they are man-made diamonds so are obviously insanely cheaper. The thing about Stauer diamonds is that they look very real. They sparkle and shine just like the real thing.
Aren't they gorgeous?!
When Jeff and I were planning what we'd do for our 10th anniversary we thought, fancy dinner? Night at a hotel?
Then we decided to just be ourselves and planned an evening we could both get REALLY excited about.
First stop, Chuck E Cheese! We had a blast playing games together and earning tons of tickets to get prizes for the littles.
Two of our favorite games, "Deal or no Deal" and "Flamin' Finger".
Next stop, Golden Corral! Where as Jeff put it, "We can eat to our heart's content".
I like anyplace I can score this many desserts.
Last stop, the movie theater to see "Cowboys and Aliens". The movie was actually really good, exactly what you'd figure it would be. Except Jeff and I both agreed that Indians should be included in the title. I thought it should be "Cowboys and Indians and Aliens". Jeff thought, "Cowboys and Aliens and Indians". I still think I'm right.
Back home to the littles who had a great time with their Grandma. Thanks for babysitting Cathy!
After 10 years, Jeff and I still like being around each other. We still WANT to be around each other. We still think about each other. We still try to make each other laugh. We still like to hold hands. I still rest my head on Jeff's shoulder. We're still concerned if the other is upset.
We're still friends.
We're still in love.
We're in it to win it.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Best. Anniversary. Ever.
Posted by Aby Runyan at 8:17 PM
Labels: anniversary, Awesome, Jeffy, Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great night! I was just talking to Jason about what we should do for our anniversary. October 8th is coming quickly!
Congrats on 10 years! Those chucky cheese pics are the best, you seriously look as beautiful as the day you were married, Aby! That ring is beautiful, too, especially when it glows in the dark:)
Post a Comment