Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Red Barn Farm

Our ward had a fall activity at the Red Barn Farm in Weston. We love this farm and used to go there every year for a ward activity before the ward split. Sadly, our new ward didn't have any more activities there - till this year. It was just as much fun as we remembered.




Oz LUVS animals. When there is an animal about, he is gone to the world. Only that animal exists. He loves to feed them, and will without fear stick his whole hand in their mouth. Luckily, he's super gentle and has yet to be nipped. Yet.






They had a super yummy "crock pot luck dinner". There was a ton of variety and we all stuffed ourselves.



Proof of the yumminess.





After dinner we went on a hayride in the dark and then roasted a ton of marshmallows at a huge campfire for s'mores. Oz ate the equivalent of at least an entire large Hershey bar while happily sitting on a log in front of the fire.

Our only complaint? It was too short! Start time was 6pm and by 7:30pm they were cleaning up and people were headed home. By 7:45pm we were nearly the last people there. Come on! On the way home both Jeff and I agreed that 8:00pm should have been the start of a rousing family barn dance! Oh well, it was a great time and we were so glad to have gotten to go.

2 luvs:

aLi said...

Aby I love your posts! I'm just grinning reading over the Halloween post (I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE COSTUMES!!!!!! SO COOL!!!) I dream of being in your family, Aby. You have so much fun!!!! I don't know how you do it, as the mother, and keep your cool and and and DO IT ALL!!! Jeff cracked me up!!! He's a good sport for letting you post him acting the part of Willy Wonka on your blog for lurkers like me to see!!!
Love the Red Barn Farm! Loved the idea of a "rousing dance." Fun and funny. :)
We miss you guys. Hold the fort down for us. :)

Alonso Family said...

the "crock pot luck dinner" idea sounds fabulously delicious and i agree what is the point of having a party at a barn without a barn dance...doh!