I've gotten so behind in blogging that my Dad, who is the true pusher of this blog called to ask how we were. That means, "you aren't blogging so I assume something is wrong". The opposite is true in fact, all is well. We've been busy with school, home repairs, church, fun, and life in general.
I keep thinking that I MUST post about our nearly month long California trip before I blog more. But that seems to not be happening. Whenever the pictures get put on the downstairs computer before I get them on my laptop, a blogging hiatus ensues. SO I've decided to move forward and hope that someday I get to our California trip - it really was a great one and worth a post.
Life around here:
Zoo trips
Stomping about in Jeff's police boots
Playground trips
This is what you look like when you spend 8 1/2 hours clearing trees, brush, etc., near the almost completed KC temple so it's more visible from the highway. Dirty and happy.
This girl charms whoever she meets. She doesn't even have to try, in fact she doesn't try. She just does. Blue eyes, blonde hair, and sass. It's a deadly combination.
"Look Ma, I'm my Uncle Rob!"
A few months ago, my good friend Brook taught me some braiding techniques. I knew how to french braid, but her tips let me break through to doing lots of new hair styles.
Apparently I am doomed to always be surrounded by my nemesis, Legos. But when one you love, loves something so very dearly that it is the main focus of his life it slowly becomes something you love too. OK, maybe not love, but tolerate and are impressed by said loved one's obvious building genius.
Green smoothies have become part of my day. I make them with lots of spinach, greek yogurt, banana and orange juice. They are delicious and filling enough to be a whole meal. And yes, I save and reuse my cups from various places. A fact that drove my mom NUTS when I was in California. Don't worry, I'm not a hoarder. They find their way to the trash after a little while.
Jeff and Rome tore down 1/4 of our horrendous, falling down, backyard fence. Glory be! I can't wait until more is gone.
Rome falling backwards over a post, it was pretty funny. He thought so too.
Last Sunday Oz slipped in the bath and caught his chin on the edge of the tub. He split the fatty part under his chin open and it was obvious he needed stitches. These were our first injury stitches in four children. Rome had stitches months ago when he had a growth removed, but we've never had to have stitches from an injury. I took Oz to urgent care and expected to be in for it with screaming and crying. Turns out, Oz is an amazing patient. He was awesome the whole time we were there. He didn't move one muscle while he got his four stitches, not even a twitch of his head. The doctor and nurses could not believe that a 20 month old child could be so good. Not one cry, nothing. As awful a patient that Rome is (and really, I love him dearly but he's the WORST), Oz is the polar opposite. He was just as good a couple days ago when he got the stitches out.
And no, there aren't any pictures of me in this whole post. But there wasn't one single pic of me on the camera when I downloaded them. Next time I'll be sure to get some of myself. I know you'll wait with baited breath. ;)
Monday, March 26, 2012
We're Just Fine
Posted by Aby Runyan at 8:39 PM
Labels: Activities, All Of Us, Outings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
cute little update, fun little inside info! loved it, but i am not so sure about those green smoothies...to each her own:)
good timing with that photo of Rome's fall, btw!
Post a Comment