Our existence while I clean, patch, and paint what feels like (and will eventually end up being) nearly every surface in our house.
No, we're not moving. It's just time. LOOOOOOONG past time. Like nearly 7 years since we moved here and I've been putting it off kind of long.
The hall is done and the feeling there is so peaceful now. There was some kind of violence in this house with the previous owners. It was evident on nearly every door where there were punch and kick marks. Somebody punched a basement closet door from the inside out. Rome and Oz's door was kicked through on both sides. There was also a dog that scratched every door and chewed every window. Long has been my thinking that someday we would hang new doors. So I didn't do anything to them. It's embarassing that I let them stay that awful for so long, and trust me they were AWFUL. Now I'm embracing the saying, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without". Those doors still have life in them, so up went the patching plaster and on went the white paint. As I covered everything, I honestly felt the Spirit strongly and still do. The violence was being erased, and while for so the long the hallway has been one of my most hated places in the house - now it's one of my favorite. It's not a perfect job, a professional painter I am not. But I'm doing my best, and am proud of what I'm accomplishing. Finally.
Easter pics to come, and so are house pics as I finish more.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Right Now
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 luvs:
so much better, love the color! it looks like so much work but it will be so nice when it is all done. good job, lady!
Post a Comment