Saturday, October 13, 2012

Paul Frank Party



Capri loves Paul Frank.  So when we found lots of fun Paul Frank stuff for 70% off in the Target Dollar Spot months ago we knew we had the party theme for her 9th birthday.  NINE.  I have a NINE year old.  It seems impossible. 


We did the party in the basement for the first time ever.  It worked out really well and I can't wait till I've got the whole thing painted.  I've only primed the basement fireplace, it will be painted the same as the upstairs one soon. 

 

The girls did a craft and then played charades.  Then it was time for the photo booth.  They all jumped right in and had a blast coming up with outfits.

 























        This is probably my favorite pic (Rome above).  It got probably the biggest laugh during the slideshow.      

 



Music during the party?  Capri's favorites of course which included Footloose and a lot of Imagine Dragons tracks.  She really is a HUGE fan.





Everybody ate pizza while we watched the slideshow.   We had cupcakes and then opened presents.  There was still time left in the party so the girls suggested party games and they all had fun playing "Good Morning Judge" and "Black Magic".  We had a cousin sleepover afterwards, with a couple friends staying late but not sleeping over.







It really was a great party and even though the house was full of screaming 8-9 year olds (plus a sugar high 2 year old) it all went so smoothly.

The sleepover /  stay up late part went wonderfully too.  I slept on the couch nearby basement door so I could hear the goings on downstairs.  There was very innocent "I like a boy", "I've got a crush on a boy" talk and cute not quite tween but not quite little girls chatter.  Very very cute.

Happy Birthday Capri!


2 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

So glad the party went well and that you shared more details. I honestly had no idea what the theme was when you mentioned it.

I will try to give you a call this week, once I'm feeling top notch again!

Jan said...

HOW CAN CAPRI LOOK SO GROWN UP? I know for a fact that she cannot possibly be so old.

Congrats on yet another superb party. You are the most imaginative person I know. I take full credit.