Halloween 2012
UP
Costume call
The Cast:
Jeff as Carl
Capri as Young Ellie
Rome as Russell
Oz as Dug the Dog
Sable as Kevin the Prehistoric Bird
and Aby as The Flying House
It isn't easy coming UP with a costume that has six individual parts. So this year, thinking UP our costume theme was tough. It wasn't till early October I presented everybody with this idea. I had looked through a complete listing of all the Disney/Pixar movies. Near the very end was UP. When the very next day I saw a cane just like Carl's sitting alone amongst a huge pile of crutches at the thrift store, I knew I had my sign. Everybody was excited about their costumes, except for me. The prospect of being a house wasn't that great (especially since I had no idea how I'd pull it off). But after a ton of internet searching for ideas, and 5 hours of work, I had a house I was proud to wear.
Our very good friends', the Thornes, house is always our first stop every year. This year we decided to stop at a neighbor's house first. Sable stepped on Rome's shoelace and sent him tumbling over their pumpkins. Luckily we got out of there with only a couple scrapes. I tied Rome's shoes REALLY tight and we were off to the Thornes!
Carl gives a good Wilderness Explorer a helping hand.
Back home again. Lots of chocolate scored this year. It seems nobody is buying Mary Janes anymore. Thank goodness.
Happy Halloween!
"South America. It's like America, but south."





9 luvs:
Funnest Halooween family EVER!!!
I love it Abby! You are so creative! Sad that we didn't cross paths so i could see you in person!
LOL!!! I love Jeff's face!!!
Aby you never fail to amaze!!! What a fun post! Good job and awesome work!!!!!!
Very cute! The kids love that movie! I'm so glad the night was a success. Our Halloween post is coming up soon. I like the house by the way!
This was too stinking cute!!!
OK, I have not seen "Up" which, I know, either makes me lame or old. Take your pick. HOWEVER, I must say that you again amaze me Kiddo. What I cannot figure out is, you told me that on Halloween day you still had to make two (TWO) costumes. Which ones? They all look like you took days and days to make. Honestly,I don't know how you do it and I am sure I never did (do it, that is).
Aby, this is amazing! You are a super star mom and so creative! These are the things families remember forever. (One year, my mom hand made a candy corn costume out of newspaper and paint for my sister and it is, to this day, one of the most memorable halloweens of my life.) Can't wait to see the kids grow UP!
Also, I love Mary Janes and Josh made fun of me.
PS - Jan, see UP. And bring a box of tissues.
So I'll admit it. UP made me get a little teary. What of it? It was a manly sort of teary. Anyway, these costumes are awesome, everybody looks fantastic. Jeff's Carl face is perfect.
Its killing me how much older the kids are looking. Tell them to quit it. Excited to see you all at the wedding!
I look forward to seeing your Halloween post every year. Just when I think you can't top the previous year, you do! Every. Single. Time. Great job, Aby!
Post a Comment