Imagine Dragons played Kansas City in September and we were graced with a visit from lead singer (my cousin) Dan Reynolds. Their show was on Sunday so we couldn't see them play. BIG time bummer, but we were promised free tickets when they come back through town.
The band's popularity is growing by leaps and bounds. It was so good to see that Dan's feet are still firmly planted on the ground.
Capri is a major fan and has a crush on Dan. She was extremely excited that he was actually coming to our house. She sat, mostly quietly, the whole time Dan, Jeff and I talked for about 2 1/2 hours. She was happy to just bask in his rock star glory.
Jeff informed me that right after this picture was taken, once Dan and I had gone out the door so I could take him to his show at the Uptown Theater. Capri had exclaimed, "That was the awesomest thing ever!"
When we got to the Uptown, there was already a huge line outside the theater. The lot gates were closed, and we weren't really sure how to get Dan inside the building. Dan, being ever so mellow, said "Just drop me off outside and I'll put my hoodie up." The mother in me thought, that might not be the best idea seeing as Dan is a giant and there is NO way in the world people won't notice him walking by.
He did manage to get his road manager on the phone and the gates were opened. After I dropped him off, I promptly ran over a bucket they had put to block off some spaces with my minivan. Geeky mom away!

1 luvs:
Your coolness level just skyrocketed! How fun!
Post a Comment