Thursday, June 13, 2013

Girls Trip

For my Mom's birthday she wanted to take all her "girls" to Vegas. That meant my 2 sisters-in-law, 1 future sister-in-law, and myself got to spend 4 days in a gorgeous hotel, be treated to glorious food, and sit in a luxurious spa (among other things).


I flew to La Quinta, CA and then drove with my Mom and sis-in-law Denise (married to Rob) to Vegas.  We ate at the Mad Greek.  It was awesome and the start to a lot of really great food on the trip.





We stayed at the Palazzo hotel.  It was goregous and the rooms are GIGANTIC.  I shared with my future sis-in-law Jocelyn (marrying Josh in September).  Neither of us snore, we got along great.  Poor Jocelyn will soon face a life of sleeping next to Josh.  The loudest snorer in the entire world.





Mom took us to dinner at the top of the Stratosphere.  It is a rotating restaurant.  I ate the best thing I've ever eaten in my ENTIRE life.  Caprese salad with 2 slices of huge tomatoes and a slice of watermelon.  I thought maybe I'd died and gone to Vegas heaven. 


As you can see I didn't get around to taking a pic until I'd eaten nearly all of it.  I ate the rest post haste.



Our group gift to Mom was a necklace from the company Origami Owl.  They make beautiful lockets where you select charms to put inside (the cover is clear).  We each picked a charm that we felt represented Mom. It was really gorgeous and Mom liked it a lot.  I wish I'd gotten a better picture of it. 





Jocelyn was our bachelorette.  I don't think you're even allowed in Vegas if you don't have one in tow.




Waiting to watch the Cirque du Soleil show "Ka".  I got in trouble for taking this super blurry picture inside the theater. 


Erin (married to Dan) is obviously ready to burst with excitement. ;)




1 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Sounds like the trip of a life time! Hope it was as super fun as it looked!