Spooky dinner the night before:
There is never time for an actual dinner on Halloween. Usually I do our traditional "Spooky Dinner" the night after. This year I decided to give the night before a try and made it even easier by getting pizza. It worked out great.
Halloween day:
First up, I spent the entire morning making games for Sable's class party. The woman in charge assured me they needed them. However this woman SO over planned that she didn't get to several of her own activities. We did play the games, but we definitely didn't need them. No pics of all that craziness, but they were fun games. Witches hat ring toss, ghost bean bags tossed into pumpkins, mummy bowling and tin can knock down. I actually painted the tin cans to look like a vampire, Frankenstein, and Jack o Lantern.
I've got 3 kids in school now and the way their school works is there are 2 grades per hallway (pod). These hallways connect to a main hall with the classrooms at the end of each, kind of like fingers attached to a palm. That means I've got 3 classrooms in totally different parts of the school. Oz and I did lots of walking and managed to visit all 3 kids. We visited Sable, watched the parade with her, visited Rome, visited Capri and then were back to Sable for the majority of her party.
After school and a short, pre-"real costumes" break, we all got ready for Trick-or Treating. The kids are getting amazingly good at taking pictures. Our family mantra for Halloween is "commit to your costume". After so many years of doing this, the kids have become pros. This was our most calm Halloween day. There is still a real rush to make sure we get all the timing right. But everybody did amazing, I was beyond impressed with each of the kids. The post for our family costumes, "The Princess Bride" is here.
After pictures we were off to the town homes. This is where a lot of the people in our ward, and stake, live. They are mostly medical and dental students who are going to school. There are some though who are more permanent. Our first stop is always our very dear friends, the Thornes. You can see Anne here who even in this candid moment looks like a model.
Jeff was HUGE. People knew he was Andre the Giant (the man who played Fezzik) without even seeing the rest of us.
Candy dump!
Those full size bags of candy that each kid has came from their grandma Cathy. We go to her house last and they end up doubling their haul just from her alone.
Yes, that is a Bigfoot pumpkin. And of course it's Jeff's.
We got such an amazing response to our costumes this year, thanks for all your kind words on Facebook! Now for next year. . .

1 luvs:
So glad you had fun! I couldn't imagine having to go to all of those school activities. Craziness. It looks like Oz had fun though. I'll have to remember the bugs in the food for next year!
Post a Comment