Last Saturday we went to our ward trunk or treat. It was BY FAR the best trunk or treat we've ever been to.
We decided on a 50's theme for our costumes and decor for the van. Our REAL costumes are for Halloween night ONLY.
My poodle skirt costume was purchased TEN years ago and had never been worn. I made the skirts for the girls (which were MUCH trickier than I expected) and refashioned a black shirt of mine into a "leather" jacket for Rome. Everything turned out rockin' if I may say so myself.
A chili feast and fellowshipping started the festivities.
Cousins.
Then on to TONS of fun games with prizes.
I have NEVER ever posted that I think my husband is a "hottie". I won't now. But you know what I'm thinking.
Face painting. Thanks Jacey!
There was even a haunted house in the primary room, which was good enough to send Rome running and crying out of the room - according to Jeff. Capri went in with cousin Aubrey and "tons of babies" and said they "made it less scary for the babies". That's right, apparently our 6 year old and her 9 year old cousin were watching tons of babies. Good job girls!
Then it was outside for the actual trunk or treat. Jeff and I worked together the night before to make the decorations, and Jeff made a mix CD of some great 50's songs that we played on the van stereo. That's a picture of Elvis on the table - our tribute to the King.
Thanks SO much to all those who made this such a fun night. We can't wait for next year!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Trunk or Treat - Do Wop Style
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 luvs:
I love, love, LOVE how creative you guys are! What fabulous costumes. And your trunk? The best I've ever seen.
I saw your cute mama the other night and might have gotten out of her what you guys are going as for Halloween this year. I wont tell a soul. But I will say that I am VERY excited to see pictures. Yet again, I wish were closer so that we could play.
So cute! Your trunk, especially the picture of Sable sitting at the "diner" is awesome.
Our Stake is anti-trunk-or-treat and all things Halloween. Sniff-Sniff.
I love your malt shop trunk! How creative! You all look soooo cute.
To answer your question about The Invention of Lying, it was cute but yeah about 3/4 of the way through I was getting irritated I admit. The premise is that nobody has ever lied before, but this one guy figures out how to tell a guy. His mom was dying in the hospital and she was scared and sad, so to make her feel better he tells her that after she dies she goes to a wonderful place where she gets a mansion and gets to see everyone she loves who has died before. Then the doctor and nurses standing by hear it and they want to know how he knew that (because everyone believes everything anyone says because nobody is capable of lying). So then he ends up with thousands of people on his front lawn with camera crews all wanting to know how he knows about what happens to you after you die, he is nervous and doesn't know what to do because he can't explain to everyone he knows how to lie. So he ends up making up a huge lie about a "man in the sky" and how he controls everything, and how if you live a good life you get to go to a wonderful place with a mansion, but if you are bad you go to ahorrible place. Anyway, I started getting annoyed with the movie right there because what they were essentially saying was that religion as a whole was made up by someone thousands of years ago (they were trying to portray how it could have been a lie). BUT it is a cute movie and after that bit of stupid nonsense I got over it and enjoyed the rest of it. Definitely just a renter though - don't waste your money seeing it in the theater. If you take it for what it is, a movie about a guy who figures out how to lie and try not to read too much into it then it's enjoyable. LOL.
You are so darn creative. Your costumes looked great, and I loved your van. I can't wait to see the "real" Halloween pics.
Post a Comment