Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Moors of Kansas City

The Highland? With the rolling green hills, the wind, and the rock - for a moment I thought I was back in Scotland. Maybe even Brada Head. Ahh, to be there again looking over the Irish Sea. I could almost FEEL the spray on my face.



Actually, we just "discovered" the "other" side of the sculpture garden at the Nelson Atkins. How did we never know it was there? When we told Jeff about it later, HE was surprised - and he GREW UP here.












They ran, rolled down the hills, found nature and commanded squirrels to "come down here and eat this acorn!" Still they wanted to know what every sculpture and tree sign said, and were so respectful to each piece of art. They squabble and yet are true friends. I'm going to miss my Rome when he goes to school next year, and I'm sure Sable will miss her big brother.

2 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Wide open spaces, things to climb on and look at... Sounds like lots of fun!

Alonso Family said...

very cool lookin place, i love those rare places that make you feel like you are suddenly far away in another country. it was like that on my mission when you would go up into the mountains near San Bernardino and suddenly you were like in Swizterland.