Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yup

Take a gander at the right hand column for more details.

I guess there aren't actually THAT many details.

So here are some more:

1. It took a LOOOOOOONG time to get pregnant.

2. So long that we had a hard time really believing it was true, and that nothing bad was going to happen.

3. Jeff and I spent late Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day thinking I was having a miscarraige.

4. I wasn't.

5. The babe is super fine, strong and growing.

6. This pregnancy seems to have altered my ability to produce any amount of heat.

7. Therefore, I am FREEZING cold all the time.

8. This pregnancy has also been far harder than the other 3 in the amount of sickness I feel.

9. Therefore, I'm nauseated all morning, OK in the afternoon, and then feel like I may die at night.

10. Our kids are SUPER secret keepers. They've known for months and did not tell ANYBODY. Really it was quite amazing.

11. We're excited to meet this little one. For a while I've looked frantically around, counting my kids (1,2,3) and feeling like somebody was missing. It's been the weirdest thing.

12. More than likely this is going to be our last. It'll be 4 cesareans and I'm feeling more and more certain that my body is not going to be able to do this again.

13. Getting older sucks.

14. We have a boys name, no we're not telling. But NO, absolutely NO girls names.

15. If you want to make a suggestion there are some requirements: it must be an island, it must NOT start with a letter that starts any of our names (A, J, C, R, S), ideally it will only have 2 syllables.

16. No we are not crazy. There is method to our madness.

17. Our due date is July 15th, but the baby will be born via c-section at least a week early.

18. Christmas and California posts are coming.

19. luvs!

22 luvs:

[AnnieR] said...

CONGRATS you guys!

Erin said...

Yay! As soon as I read "look at the right hand column for details" I knew that you were pregnant. Congratulations.

Erin said...

Oh, and Erin is an great girls island name!

Em said...

Congrats! That post makes me tired, and slightly glad I'm not pregnant just now (although part of me would like to be). Hope it continues to go well!

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

Congratulations Aby!! I'm so excited for you guys! =O)

aLi said...

Girl!!!! I am thrilled for you!!! I've known for a little bit (a birdie in your family) and been keeping my mouth shut just in case. But I squealed with delight when I found out!!!
I've heard that when you're pregnant you're more susceptible to the cold. I was, too! So sorry during this really really cold winter. I can't wait to congratulate you to your face!

Every Star Is Different said...

Glad you are feeling up to writing the post. Can't wait to hear what you're having! Hang in there. Hopefully the morning sickness will wear off. I'm so happy that you are pregnant and that I am NOT!

elizabeth said...

Congratulations to the whole Runyan family. I'm so excited for you all. I'm sorry about not feeling well, but hopefully it will end soon. Good luck!!

Emily said...

Maggie totally called this. She really did. She called me a few days ago and asked me if I knew you were pregnant. I had no idea what she was talking about since I usually look at your blog through googlereader, and hadn't seen the ticker. Sneaky, sneaky. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!! Another little!!!!!!!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

ps. Is there an Emily island? Just putting that idea out there......

LaShaunna said...

Aby, I'm so excited for you guys! I'm due with number 4 on the 28th of July. I feel your pain with the whole morning/afternoon/evening sickness thing! I hope you feel better soon!

The Clarks said...

Hey Aby,

Congrats on the news, but sorry you're not feeling very well. Can't wait to hear what you're having! Hope all is going well.

Love, Karen

Rachel Kirkham said...

So very happy for you! You are such an incredible mama and I'm so glad you get to add to your brood!

Mags said...

Oh Annie I am soooooo happy for you! I can remember my last in-person convo with Spence and us saying how wonderful a mom you are and how super your children are and that you just neede to have lots more:) Wow, and chosing another island will be hard, I cannot wait to hear what becomes. Love U All:)
(i love isabel and georgia)

Aby Runyan said...

Maggie,

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you read Annie's blog RIGHT before mine. Cause I KNOW you wouldn't forget your VERY most favorite cousin's name.

luvs, aby

tara said...

This is wonderful! Congrats Ü

Lewis Family said...

Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well soon, and baby and you remain completely healthy! And tell the kids they did do a GREAT job!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I somehow just knew there was another meant to be part of your family. You're such a supermom that you could have 5 more, but I'll take your word on "just" having 4 :) I'm so happy for you guys--congrats again!

ericareynolds said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I hope you feel better soon. It is no fun to be sick with three children and a husband to take care of!

Emily said...

˜Salina is a beautiful island name in Italy. But you said no "S".

Emily said...

Aby,
I was so excited to hear your news! I'm bummed that you're feeling so lousy, but I'm totally in awe of how great you look. You're amazing


I had fun looking these up...

Borden, Matty, and Devon are Canadian islands. Eila is an island off Denmark, Isabela is and island in the pacific, and Pate is an island of Kenya. Esther and LuLu are American Islands off Alaska.

Check out this cool website for more island names: http://islands.unep.ch/Iindex.htm

Call if I can ever help out. OK?

Alonso Family said...

you probably know the baby's sex by now so it's about time for a new post, eh! this must be a really tough pregnancy for you to not be blogging, sorry if that is the case but otherwise you better start cracking, we are still waiting to hear about your Christmas for pete's sake, my dear. lot o'love!

aLi said...

Aby, Emily left some really good suggestions! I like them all! Even Pate! That is original. I can't wait to hear more on how things are going!