Going Out
On Dec. 17th, Jeff and I turned 20-13 (or 33 to the normal population). We prefer to stay in our twenties and will do so forever.
We went to the Nelson-Atkins museum for a day date (thanks to Katie for babysitting). It was LOVELY. I don't even mean being away from the littles, I'd never say that's lovely cause that just sounds awful. But it was lovely to get the chance to go to the museum by ourselves, something we've never done. It was also lovely to eat lunch in the Rozzelle Court Restuarant, another thing we've never done together. The food was delicious and the room gorgeous.
Unknowingly we sat right next to our astrological sign, the Archer. Good karma right?
We toured most all the museum, and saw the Native American exhibit for the first time. The bead work is AMAZING. My mind is blown as to how they do that.
We both agreed that it was our best birthday outing spent together.
Partying at Home
We partyied with the littles later that night. Capri came up with the games, including "Pin the tail on the cat".
Steak birthday dinner.
Lemon cake for me. Jeff made TWO cakes. The first incurred some injury when he put an entire box cake mix in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
33 candles give off a LOT of smoke.
Jeff chose molten chocolate cake, this is to be served warm. Lesson learned - wax candles stuck into a still warm cake will melt down the the wicks. Luckily chocolate is still good even eaten with a little wax.
We both got some great presents. I scored with some jewelry & Barnes and Noble gift card from my parents, fleece sheets from the littles (SO awesome), a rotary cutter and cutting mat from Jeff, and the entire boxed series "Corner Gas" from my Mom-in-law. Jeff got the first 3 seasons of "Northern Exposure" from his Mom, a gift card to JCPenney from my parents, a photo book of Ancient Italy from the littles, and a bunch of Michael Jackson stuff from me (his new CD, pre-ordered new movie, and a DVD of all his music videos - Jeff's a fan if you can't tell). We also got some cash in the mail the next day from Jeff's dad, gotta love cash!!
Happy Birthday to us! But a special Happy Birthday to my sweetie, and my best girlfriend Corrie who shares our birthday as well. I'm more than lucky to have them to share a birthday with.
Monday, December 21, 2009
20-13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 luvs:
Happy Birthday to the both of you! 33 never looked so good. Seriously, you're going to be young forever. I'm glad that you and Jeff were able to spend some time together. Brings it home just how much you love him, right?
Sounds like a superb birthday, my dear! You so deserve it! I love you mucho mucho!
Of course I already heard all of the details, but it was fun to see the pictures. I think I guessed that you and Jeff made cakes after the kids went to bed, but now I see EVERYONE was there to enjoy the cakes and meal.
A couple of side notes-your hair is gettin really long. I like it! The shirt you're wearing in one of the last pictures-it's white-I really like it!
What a fun birthday! 2 birthday cakes in one day is definitely the best thing I've ever heard of. I might alter my birth certificate and have it be on Harry's birthday. Either that or have him make 2 cakes for me. It's a toss up.
Happy belated birthday you two!
Post a Comment