Sunday, August 22, 2010

Singing Solo


Capri sang her first solo in Sacrament Meeting today, all 3 verses of "I Am a Child of God". She was lovely and did a marvelous job. Afterward she said, "I was nervous but I didn't cry while I was singing".
Coming down from the stand she smiled a huge smile, and we could not have been prouder. She's already picked out a song and talked to the ward music chairperson about singing at Christmas. We've always known that Capri was born to perform and we're sure to watch her sing in public more and more.
Good job Capri!

7 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Way to go Capri! Start early, it will definitely help later!

aLi said...

This is amazing to me!!! She has so much more guts than I ever had as a youngster, and still to this day!!!

The Clarks said...

Wow I never would have been able to do that! I wish you had a video of it!!! Way to go Capri!!!!

Emily said...

Ok I cried! That was seriously so precious. Thanks for sharing your talents Capri!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! She is so brave. I wish I could've heard it! I have to admit Aby, I haven't been great at blogging lately and I had NO idea you had another baby! He is SOOOO handsome and I LOVE the name. A very, very late congratulations!!

Alonso Family said...

you know, Abster, you can still do a video of her singing the song and then show us. that's what blogs are for, my dear, for us who can't be there to see the real thing. we would all love to hear her sing, too. and we would also love to hear more for you anytime, (hint, hint:)! just missing ya!

Holly said...

Man! I wish she lived in our ward! I'd use her all the time!~Holly