Jeff had to work on New Years Eve so I told the littles (for the first time) that they could stay up till midnight and celebrate with me. I absolutely did not expect ANY of them (well maybe Capri) to actually make it, but all three did and with flying colors! Not a grumpy one in the bunch. Oz opted for bed. What a party pooper.
We played Life and ate popcorn with all the dolls in attendance to start the night. We don't get cable anymore (go Roku and Netflix!) but I found some New Years coverage on one of the basic channels. It was some kind of ice skating/concert. We listened and watched while we played the game.
Life is one of the littles FAVORITE games ever, especially Rome and Capri. I have the older version - I got it at a thrift store for $1, in perfect condition. They LOVE LOVE LOVE getting a job, having a salary, getting married, having kids and buying a house. It's hilarious and heart-warming how happy it makes them.
We made 2011 party hats and got our toast ready.
No Dick Clark on the channels we get, we were stuck with Carson Daly. I'd tried to explain "the ball" to the kids earlier in the day. In trying to explain it, I realized how hard of a thing it is to explain! Rome asked "will it fall on people?"
We had Jeff on the phone for the count down and we all celebrated together.
We blew bubbles, gave kisses and then headed to bed. Really it was such a fun night with my littles. I'd celebrate with them again any time.
And then the phone rang and rang and rang at about 5:00 am waking me up from a very deep sleep. It was Jeff saying "I kind of got hurt at work, but I'm OK. I'm in the driveway. I broke my leg and I need you to help me carry my stuff into the house".
Happy New Year!!!!
Monday, January 31, 2011
New Years 2011
Posted by Aby Runyan at 8:20 PM
Labels: All Of Us, Holidays, Jeffy, The Littles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
1. you are such a fun mom. can i please take mom lessons from you?
2. i sincerely hope jeff is feeling alright, and that his foot/leg is healing. but that last picture made me laugh out loud. what a good sport! and sweet oz?!? gimme a break... that kid is so stinkin' cute!!!
Oh, my goodness! You make all other moms look so boring and lazy. I went to bed at 9 o'clock that night and didn't even remember to think about staying up!
Post a Comment