Capri and Sable had their Diane's School of Dance recital yesterday. They were gorgeous and both did an awesome job.
Getting ready!
There are two things I know for sure:
1. They are both talented and knock-outs.
2. Jeff and I are in trouble.
Both girls were in two numbers, tap and jazz/ballet. The school is huge with many many students so there were 20 numbers total (and that's just the first show, the second has all the older girls and is twice as long). Capri's jazz/ballet number was "Shake it Up". She did such a great job smiling and looking at the audience the whole time.
Sable's tap number was "V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N". This girl KNOWS how to shake it. She kills me because I can pick her out of the crowd just from the way she moves her hips.
Capri has LOVED dance this year. She is so sad that it's over for the summer and is very much hoping she gets to dance again next year. Hint, hint to Gramma and Papa.
With her best friend Emma.
Capri's tap number was "I'm Gonna Run to You". It was so neat because she and Emma were almost always together on stage.
Sable's ballet/jazz number was a Beauty and the Beast medley. They had a woman dressed as Belle and all the little girls thought she was the real Belle. The dress she wore was actually the traveling dress for the Broadway musical.
For the grand finale ALL the girls come back on the stage along with all the instructors and "assistants" - high school girls that help in each class and dance themselves. Diane is the one in the middle with the black dress. She is a wonderful lady along with her whole staff. They know every single dancers name, it's amazing.
The boys were excited to give their sisters flowers and jewelry.
Congratulations Capri and Sable, you are wonderful!

4 luvs:
Wow! I can't believe how many girls are in Capri and Sable's classes. There are only 10 tops in Lydia's class. Both girls looked adorable, but I've got to say there was one picture of Sable that just took my breath away. She is absolutely gorgeous. You're right. You will definitely have your hands full when they are teenagers. Now I'm really wishing that I had pictures of Lydia's dance recital to show. Maybe next year...
the girls look adorable! i know what you mean about putting that make up on them. it's kind of scary how grown up they begin to look. but it looks like they absolutely love to dance! cute stuff!
Yep, you own it alright! The costume for Sable's VACATION number was great. Whoever thought up the black gloves was genius. And I loved Capri's wristlets for the pink sequin costume.
WAY TO GO CAPRI AND SABLE!
Post a Comment