I did this canvas with an awesome copy of The Wizard of Oz I found at the thrift store. I felt a little guilty about cutting up such a great book, but the pictures were perfect for this project. There is always a learning curve with me. I can never ever seem to get things just right from the get-go. So there are a couple things I'd do differently if I could. Mostly, though, I love it. I've done other canvasses like this, one very large one. But those were done with magazines and the pages are a lot thinner than in a book.
I'm not positive this counts as a project. I already had the photo canvas, but I moved it to a new location and added the vinyl lettering.
I came up with, and started this embroidery piece LAST February. Now, a year later, I dug it out, ripped out the old stitches with a "Why in the world did I use THAT stitch?" and finished the project. I know it looks a little wonky, but I wanted it to have a down home feel.

1 luvs:
I'm loving it all! I especially like the canvas with the cut up book! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment