Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and of course I am still not finished with the kid's gifts. In fact I haven't even started Rome's. What are these gifts? What has kept me up till 4:00am for the past two nights? What could possibly be so important that my brain is now fried and I've overdosed on Diet Canada Dry?
Their baby books! The most important books in their little lives! I'm being sarcastic of course, if I wasn't then you would all know that I had TRULY lost my mind.
But I do think baby books (meaning all the stuff plus pictures from their first year) are important and fun to have and I've been wanting to put them together for years. They were supposed to be done for Christmas, but I didn't even get the pictures picked out for them by December 25th. So now my goal has been Valentine's Day. But I being the procrastinator that I am have now left it off to these past couple of days and tonight which is guaranteed to be another 4:00am headache.
Why do I do this? I actually really like to scrapbook. I have enough scrapbooking materials to build a mountain high enough you'd need oxygen for the climb. But for some reason, and this has been my life story, I can't get creative or really productive till the last minute. If I were to ever actually write one of the half dozen books that have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs in my mind for the last decade, I'd be finishing it the second before the editor snatched it from my fingers.
My mom can testify to this. All through school it was "Don't procrastinate, start now, DO It!!" Of course I never did. I'd always get my work done, but sometimes (ok most times) it was done the night before. And I don't mean like the finishing touches were done the night before. I mean the WHOLE project, WHOLE paper, WHOLE great wall of China was done the night before.
So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it is 3:30pm the day before Valentine's day and I am just now about to finish writing this post so I can pick out the pictures for Rome's book, have them printed at Walgreen's and then at about 11:00pm tonight get cracking on the darn thing.
I better pick up some more Diet Canada Dry too.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Fried Brain and Diet Canada Dry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 luvs:
what the heck is Diet Canada Dry, you procrastinating nut? it seems we tend to buy the exact same things for our kids quite often. our baby doll has no name, just "baby." that's so funny how Capri is already planning her future. when we ever visit we should bring our baby doll to play with Capri and then i can also take a look at these great baby books you hopfully finished last night. love ya!
It's ginger ale you weirdo!
luvs, aby
oh of course it is. i would never have know that, i don't care for the stuff myself but help yourself:)
btw, i wrote on Mindy's blog that you have joined us and she should check out your site. i am loving hearing more from you in a fun kinda wacky way. later!
Hey Aby,
Love your blog. There's something so comforting to realizing that all these people from my past life still exist and lead what appear to be normal lives pretty parallel to mine. I checked out the link to Fashion's blog too. Wow! There's someone I hadn't even thought about or heard about for ages. Is Rachel Amavisca still around? Tami Sant?
Anyway, you look great. Rich tells me I get more beautiful with age, and I'm sure he's making it up. But as I see pictures of you and Corrie and Fashion and other hotties, I think maybe it's true about everyone else anyway. Can't believe it's been 12 years since freshman year. We're all older and wiser, but seems like pretty much the same in the end.
Love,
Mindy
Runyan Blog! Kewl! You guyz are soooo technological, it is kinda scary! Cute pics of the kids, btw, especially the Christmas pose! Very Jolly! Anywho, now that I have your phone number, email and blog access, there's no excuse for me to not keep in touch, is there? Good luck with the potty training and general kiddie chaos adventures. We will update you on Eddy family additions and general kookiness too. (Promise...)
Hey, just want to see if my picture of Owen worked or not. Ignore this, please...
Post a Comment