Yesterday we decided to set out and enjoy the craziness that is downtown Kansas City. We called Jeff's brother's family and had them join us in this endeavor.
Our destination: Kaleidescope (a kid center run by Hallmark)
Our team: 4 adults, 5 kids, 1 baby
Our mission: To have fun, not lose any kids, and not lose our minds.
Kaleidescope is a fun place where kids can do all kinds of arts and crafts in a very kid friendly space. They can use whatever supplies they can find to make whatever they want. You have 40 minutes in a session and that's it. This means you and the kids run around like crazy people trying to make as much stuff as you possibly can in that short amount of time. Kaleidescope is also free. THIS means that during your session you are surrounded by approximately 3,000,000 other parents and kids doing the same thing.
Regardless, it's a lot of fun and Rome and Capri really like it.
After we braved the kid chaos we headed over to Crown Center (our downtown upscale mall) in search of even more kid chaos. This of course is because we as parents are nuts. Period.
We found this chaos in a revolving exhibit area now called "What Do You Want To Be?" Again, this is a very cool exhibit full of hands on stuff for kids, and again it is free. Jeff and I must be particularly nuts because we actually braved this last weekend as well. But our relatives hadn't seen it so we tromped on over.
Fun was had by all, crankiness had by some, and we didn't lose a single kid.
Next saturday?? Jeff and I have already gotten the babysitter. It'll be dinner and a movie. No chaos in sight. Unless you count the chaos I'll create if I don't get to hold my sweetie's hand for at least one and a half hours in the dark.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Kaleidescope Craziness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 luvs:
Wow, how fun! How crazy, but how fun! I'm sure the kids loved it. I hope you get some quality hand-holding after a weekend like that!
Post a Comment