Happy Valentine's Day!! Love and kisses abound! There is chocolate EVERYWHERE!!! Ok, it might not technically still be Valentine's day but there IS still tons of chocolate in the house, my Valentine's rose is still alive and I've yet to take down any decorations. I figure that as long as it's still february it's ok.
So travel back in time with me and I'll regale you with what was "The Runyan Valentine DAYS celebration."
Wednesday the 13th: I was up till 4:00am AGAIN trying to get the scrapbooks done. I did finish Capri's and got about 1/3 of Rome's done. I had enough done for his that he could at least open it up and see what it was going to look like.
Thursday the 14th: I had invited 3 little girls over for a Valentine's Day party. I cleaned all morning knowing full well that my house would be DESTROYED by the end of the party. They played, made valentines, played, made pink necklaces, played, and decorated cookies with 10 tons of candy. They also ATE 10 tons of candy. By the end, my house was a wreck and they all had sugar highs. They all had fun to the point of exhaustion. And, I, amid all the chaos forgot to take a single picture.
Later, we all opened our Valentine's gifts and the kids really loved their albums. And Sable, who got an empty album, really loved eating the paper it was wrapped in.
Friday: We shared some love at Wendy's gobbling down chili, and fries, chicken, burgers, and frostys. Then we headed over to "the big fruit" which is a play area at our trendy outdoor mall Zona Rosa. The big fruit consists of a large plate with a knife and different fruits on it. It's made out of some kind of foam and covered in plastic. Kids jump and play and pretty much go nuts on the big fruit. And we have played there an estimated 14 million times since we've moved here. No really, we probably have been there at least 100 times, I'm sure more. This time however, at the end when everybody was gone except us, Jeff and I found ourselves playing on the big fruit too for the very first time. It was actually a lot of fun. But it left us both wishing we had young small bodies that can jump and slide and fall without getting hurt. Our big dumb bodies are so heavy and cumbersome!! Jeff however can still jump like a madman and was wowing the kids with his skills of being able to jump up and over almost anything.
Saturday: Thanks to my mom and dad's generous Valentine's gift Jeff and I were going to go on a date, alone! We were, needless to say, VERY excited. We opted to not go to a movie because frankly there is nothing to go see right now. So instead we did what we both truly love to do, eat. While we waited the 50 minutes for a table at Bravo! we headed over to Barnes and Noble so we could buy an LSAT book for Jeff. Now he can have lots of fun preparing for the test in June. When we finally got seated at the restuarant we ordered an appetizer, a pizza, 2 entrees, a lemonade and dessert. It was awesome to say the least. The only non-awesome part was the entree I ordered. It came out and had a really terrible smell to it. I was bummed and thought it was the bacon on the pasta. One bite proved otherwise. I couldn't even swallow it, it had some kind of toxic taste and I knew there was something wrong. Jeff smelled it and refused to even take a bite. He thinks it was Lysol - the one in the brown can. So we sent it back for something less chemically. And voila! A perfect Valentine's dinner. Afterwards we walked around Marshall's and talked. On the way home we got a movie from the Red box. It was a great date! Really, that was the best gift mom and dad - thank you so much.
Sunday: Church was cancelled because of bad weather. This has been one tough winter here and we are anxiously awaiting the end. We dubbed the day "family fun day" and played tons of games and stuff with the kids. That night we got to watch the movie we rented the night before. It was Rush Hour 3, no plot at all but a bunch of funny parts.
So that just about wraps up our Valentine's festivities. I hope, we hope, that you all had great celebrations yourselves. We love you all so much!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Smooches, hugs, and luvs for all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 luvs:
Aby, I didn't know you had a blog!!! I found the link on Mindy's blog. E-mail me and I'll invite you to view mine. erin.linford@cox.net
I love reading your blog Aby. You write so well! And you always have me cracking up. Glad you guys had a great Valentines week. oh, and I love the countdown thingy you have at the top. Poor Jeff!
sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com and matiekay.blogspot.com both have great backgrounds and directions. I got our background from shabbyprincess.com Hope that helps.
As far as our slide show, I just went to "customize" then "add a page element." I added it as a HTML/JavaScript. I'm pretty sure I just pasted the code bubbleshare gave me after I was done creating the sideshow. Does that make sense?
Wow...I sound like a computer dork!
Whoa! LSAT??? I am SOOO out of the loop. I suppose I deserve such punishment for being such a bad friend (sigh...and frown). A call is in order, sometime soon. We need to catch up...
Oh, ummm...glad you guys had fun for V-day. Dates ALONE are the best thing ever, I think.
btw, Have Jeff tell you about the time he jumped the stair set at the Marriott Center...I thought he was going to die. Does he still have hops like that?
love your new backdrop, Abster! hopefully Capri is not too sad about losing all the pink:) i also forgot to take pictures for Valentine's Day but my girls were a little under the weather. i will have to plan a belated v-day party and then take pics. still counts doesn't it?
hey abs,
you have to put your blog links back up, i never saved Fashion's on mine and i wanted to comment on hers now that Mindy's making us all feel bad when we just read and don't comment:)
Thanks Lady!
Cor-
my links and pics are going to be back soon. When I changed the background it erased everything, and I've been in Cali since last monday so I haven't been able to get to it.
Em-
Thanks, you ARE a computer dork!
luvs!!!!!!
Post a Comment