Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Alive

That's it.
Just wanted to let you know that some rabid racoon hasn't killed us all.

6 luvs:

The Wehrmeister's said...

Yeah I saw the news clip about all those rabid raccoons. I'm glad you are okay!!

The Wehrmeister's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth said...

Thank goodness you're okay. But still, those rabid raccoons can be kinda scary. I think we're all a little paranoid at night while our husbands are gone. No judgement from me.

emily and adrian said...

We had one living in our attick once, and somehoe he crawled into the walls...and found an outlet hole behind my dresser....and I'll never forget that night.
Glad you survived. That's scary stuff!

Merinda Cutler said...

okay, here to post my raccoon story from years ago, but emily's definitely tops mine. Yikes! Anyway, I was home alone late one night while Rich was traveling, sitting by a window looking out on the deck doing computer stuff. On that deck just outside my window the kids had left their crackers in a bowl. I heard a sound on the deck and suddenly there was a raccoon right there inches from me politely eating those crackers out of the bowl. It sounds strange, but I sort of felt less lonely with that seemingly polite raccoon munching crackers and looking at me kindly. I had not-so-kind feelings for the little guy when I think he killed our pet duckling in a most grotesque way--using those polite little hands to pull out pieces of the duck so that by morning we found a bloody carcass in the cage. Unconfirmed, but only something with little, careful hands could do such a dastardly deed!

Aby Runyan said...

Mindy and Emily, thanks so much for the stories that are SURE to not only give me nightmares but make me even MORE nervous when I'm home alone!

I think I better clarify that I did NOT find a rabid raccoon in our garage. I don't know what was making all those weird noises. But in my head it was a C-RRRAZY looking, beasty raccon with foam at the mouth and the size of a large dog.
luvs!!