Saturday, July 4, 2009

Better Than Christmas

It was an AMAZING fourth.

We kicked it off with a barbecue here at the house, and were so excited that nearly all of Jeff's family were able to come.

The food was delish.






And the company just swell.








We ate and ate and ate. Then headed out to the driveway to set off some fireworks.











Cousins are always a good thing.





So are red flip flops.





After we succeeded in NOT burning our house down, we were off to Independence for the BIG fireworks show.

There was time to goof off and play on the grass (or the tarp, which the babies decided was just as much fun as a trampoline) before the show started.




Baby Sable & Juliette. These two were born a month apart, and they're destined to be less like cousins and more like sisters.



Time for a cousin parade.






Time to take family photos.





Time to start.







If you've never been to the show in Independence then you are missing out. Put on by the city, held on church grounds - it's the best show I've ever been to, and I grew up watching fireworks on the Mall in DC. We go every year, sit as close as possible and are BLOWN away by how many fireworks are done, the scale, the beauty, and the SOUND as it reverberates off the visitors center.

It was during the car ride home when I asked the kids if they'd had a good fourth of July.

"YES!" Capri declared, "It was even better than Christmas!"

I'd have to agree.

5 luvs:

Jan said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous. You a fourth with LOTS of family. I agree with Capri - it certainly looks better than Christmas.

By the way, did you cut your hair?

aLi said...

I love that picture with you and little Sable. Priceless!
You may have convinced me to try out the fireworks in Independence!

The Clarks said...

looks like a good time...sounds like we might miss you this weekend since you'll be camping. :( i don't know when you cut your hair but it looks really cute. great pics. k

Every Star Is Different said...

So before I opened up your blog to see what this post was about I felt really bad that somehow I had missed it. Then I read and looked at a few pictures and wished that I had missed it. I am SO JEALOUS! I could cry I'm so upset about how awful our 4th of July was. But then I kept scrolling down through the pictures and stopped throwing a pity party. I LOVE the picture of you and Jeff. You look absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you had a great 4th of July. It looks like so much fun! But I'm still really sad about ours.

Different topic to change my mood-So being not too experienced with the blogging thing, how do you get labels at the bottom of each post and have them categorized? You also have a counter too. I really like it but have no clue how to do it. Can you show me? Thanks!

Heather said...

Better than Christmas? Is there such a thing? Maybe I'll get brave and take Isabella to the show next year.