A couple weeks ago we had the chance to spend one day with our nephew Emmett and then a week later a day and a night with our niece Arwen. Their parents (Jeff's sis) sent them out to KC for "Cousin Camp" where they spent a week with different family members.
Emmett's visit:
The dollar movie at AMC, we saw Madagascar 2. I didn't get any pics, but we went with a HUGE group of family and friends and were treated by Mar-Mar to tickets, soda & popcorn!
Lunch (noodles)
Board games. No pics again, darn it. We played Cranium Cariboo, Memory, Candyland Wheel and then the kids took Emmett to the basement for some rousing rounds of Hungry Hungry Hippo (Sable was asleep).
Dinner. Emmett said he DIDN'T like tacos but I convinced him to try. He downed 4, WITH green peppers, rice, and tons of watermelon. I LOVE it when kids eat.
Playing the Wii and playing with Rome. It took them a little to get to playing with each other, the age difference is pretty obvious. But once they did, Emmett had Rome in FITS of laughter.
Arwen's visit:
Playing with Capri, the dollhouse proved popular again, Polly's of course, and everything else under the sun it seemed.
Lunch (You guessed it, noodles)
Arwen said she'd never been to Kaleidescope, so I said we HAD to go.
Dinner at On the Border. Arwen said the only thing on the menu she liked was corn dogs. Minutes after ordering we were told they were ALL out. Of course. But she got some fries, a side salad and was totally happy.
Sleepover. I really wish I'd thought to take a pic of the cutie girls all packed into Capri & Sable's room. Arwen read to Capri from her chapter book until I brought Sable in to go to sleep.
We had a ton of fun on our Cousin Camp days, we love you two!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Cousin Camp
Posted by Aby Runyan at 10:13 PM
Labels: Cousins, Outings, The Littles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 luvs:
You're so great at entertaining and definitely making it fun for people who are visiting. I can't wait until we have our chance with you there. Someday...
Post a Comment