Monday, July 5, 2010

The "4th"

Since the 4th was on a Sunday this year, we did our celebratin' on the 3rd. We had our 2nd annual "4th" of July BBQ & fireworks at our house and got nearly everybody there. Unfortunately Greg & Lori (Jeff's Dad and his wife) was out of town and his sister Karen's family had to cancel the day before because their baby was sick. We missed you!

The food.





The fireworks.



Run Jonny RUN!



You too kiddos!



Rome doesn't like loud noises. To any parent with a kid who doesn't like loud noises, spend the 10 bucks for some earphones and watch your upset, crying kid turn into a happy camper. I bought these for Rome at the airshow last year, honestly I think loud noises cause him pain. He couldn't even watch the planes, but once he had these he was transformed. Now whenever loud noise may be about - he grabs em and takes total responsibility for wearing them.



Apparently the way to keep a sparkler from burning you is to hold it as far away as humanly possible AND plug your nose.



Jeff tried his darndest to get the night off. When that didn't work he tried to get 4 hours off, so he could go in late and still join us for the "big show" in Independence. NO luck there either. So he had to head off for some policing while we were still doing fireworks in the driveway. It was VERY hard to see him go, the 4th is truly on of our very favorite days as a family.



All the cousins save one, feel better Topher! (From left to right, top row first: Anders, Arwen, Aubrey, Capri, Audree, Emmett, Rome, Sable, Ammon, Juliette).



After the party at our house, we headed to Independence with Regina & Justin's family and Aimee & Dale's family. This is our FAVORITE show and we go every year. It's held on the grounds of the Independence visitor's center.

I GET that other people THINK they have cute kids. But my littles, they take the cake.








It nearly broke my heart to take this pic without Jeff, we've taken one just like this every year for the last 5 years. But he was there with us in spirit, and later we found out that he'd driven over to where we were and saw a few of the fireworks before he got another call (his Zone is very near Independence).



Let the show begin!







Happy Independence day everyone!

3 luvs:

Alonso Family said...

yeah...posts! your haircut is darling right along with your prego belly. your kiddos are always darling as well, especially Rome with those headphones...love em' Sable is getting so big, not a baby anymore but that is ok cause you have a new one who is almost here to feel that void. i can't believe it has been almost a year since i saw you last at the fireworks for Pioneer day here in Salt Lake. love and miss you as much as ever! btw, sorry Jeff had to miss the fun.

Heather said...

You really know how to throw a party, lady! Pregnancy looks beautiful on you, and I can't wait to see pics of this little one.

Every Star Is Different said...

I was SO excited to see pictures and a post! You look absolutely adorable. I love your pregnant belly and honestly I forgot you were even pregnant as I looked at the pictures, until I saw the family picture. I don't see any changes but belly. Way to go Aby! You look fantastic. And the hair cut... I LOVE it!

Glad you had a great 4th, although sad Jeff wasn't there the whole time with you. The spread looks beautiful.