Monday, October 25, 2010

American Girl

Capri completed a bedtime chart last week where her end prize was a trip to the new American Girl store here in Kansas City. Understand, American Girl is Capri's absolute nirvana. She was full of smiles the whole time we were there. I have to admit I was just as excited as she was to go.

Kit (Capri's doll) got her ears pierced and a new dress. I would have SO loved to collect something like American Girl when I was little (alas, four brothers prohibited me from pursuing lots of girly things). It's nearly as good to get to watch my beautiful Capri enjoy them, and get to tag along too.

2 luvs:

Alonso Family said...

how on earth do they pierce a doll's ears? i don't think i will show this post to Elora since we aren't as lucky to have an American Girl store near us...yet, so jealous!

Every Star Is Different said...

We just received our American Doll magazine last week. Jason's comment-Renae you can actually look at this now with the intent to actually buy something someday.

I never had an American Doll. Jen did though. It was a pretty big thing. I think I'll have to really look into the whole thing a lot more before I decide if it's something I want to introduce Lydia to. I've kind of been thinking lately about all that stuff. Other than dance, I'm not sure what I want to introduce her to. Even movie and TV stuff has been hard. So far the only thing I've found I've like are the Barbie movies. Any ideas? I'm so not girlie!