Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We went to Silver Dollar City for Thanksgiving again this year. It's become something we look forward to for months.

This time we went the day before Thanksgiving, stayed Thanksgiving day and drove home late that night.

We stopped to visit Granddad Berbert for a bit on the way there. He was of course wonderfully cheery and even had presents for the kids.





The weather the day before Thanksgiving was amazing. We didn't have to wear jackets at all, even that night. It was one of the more beautiful days I can remember, and SDC was not crowded at all - meaning no lines.



Once Oz is able to stand by Sable this picture will be complete. They'll all be taller then though and that will make me sad. But oh how lovely and wonderful they are all growing to be.




I must have told a lie cause my nose seems to have grown like Pinocchio's in this picture.









For a late lunch that day we ate in an outdoor, but covered, food area. Our table was right next to a Christmas tree, music played and there was a wonderful breeze. Jeff and I shared sandwiches and ate soup. It was one of those times that we don't have a picture of, but we'll never forget. A certain type of magic was there, as what is more than likely our whole family ate. For whatever reason, it brought an immense amount of happiness to both me and Jeff.
Later, we saw the Saloon Show, rode rides and even wrote letters to Santa.


On Thanksgiving day - we feasted. All you can eat without the preparation and clean-up. Now THAT'S something to be thankful for.



I told the kids that at Thanksgiving dinner we'd all say what we were thankful for. They all gave it a lot of advance thought, especially Rome. He had a list of things, some were ones that both Jeff and I were impressed to hear. One stuck out to me, he said he was thankful for his room. That gave me such a good feeling, to know that he had a place of his own he loved.








Oz's first Thanksgiving mashed potatoes. He wasn't a huge fan. . .yet. The way this kid eats, he'll be packing them away very soon. I've got it in my head that he'll be the tallest member of our family. The tallest and the biggest.





The weather decided that Thanksgiving Day is a day for freezing rain, snow and temperatures to match. But we had all the cold weather gear we needed and planned on spending most of the day inside anyway. We got to see the Living Nativity show and our VERY favorite Silver Dollar City show of all - A Christmas Carol. They do SUCH a wonderful production. Even Oz loved it, he watched about half before falling asleep again.

We drove home late Thanksgiving night. I couldn't help but think about all I have. It's a LOT. I've always been so blessed in my life. I've never wanted, never hungered, never been hurt or alone. I don't know exactly why I've been so blessed, but I have to assume that it's so that I can offer service and help to others. So far in my life I don't feel like I've been able to do that very much. But I know I can and try hard to serve my family, my husband, my children. I thank the Lord for that opportunity.



Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and family, we love you more than we can say.

2 luvs:

Alonso Family said...

Sounds fabulous! It's always fun to start you own family traditions and this was looks awesome! Glad to hear you are all so magically happy! That's so sweet about the kids putting so much thought into what they are thankful for, such a great habit to establish at such a young age. You are doing a marvelous job, my dear, you should be so proud of them!

Alonso Family said...

and yourself, of course!