Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter Celebration, Best Friend Visitation, Hair Butcheration, Jeff's Graduation

I've gotten behind on my posting so I'm going to try to cover some big things that have happened without going on for too long. I'm sure in this I will fail but I'll do my best. Ok, so I'll probably fail at doing my best too.

Easter Celebration
I love Easter. So cute, so fun, so important. But this year so annoyingly early. It really didn't feel like Easter at all seeing as it was way too cold and we actually got snow flurries. But it was still very cute and a lot of fun. My mom had gotten my girls their first matching outfits, new Easter dresses. They looked like two marshmallow peeps - just the way my mom and I like little girls, pink and fluffy. After church they searched for where the Easter bunny had hidden their baskets, our yearly tradition. They were of course immediately disappointed that the "Easter bunny" didn't bring big cheap gross chocolate bunnies like a friend had gotten. "The Easter Bunny" probably remembered last year when he brought those and nobody ate them, ever.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

Later, after naps, we had our Easter egg hunt. This is the most fun and anticipated event for the day and has been ever since I was a kid. My parents LOVED "the hunt" and instilled this same love into my brothers and me. We had a hunt every year and every year my dad would hide something he would call "the golden egg". This, and if you know my dad won't surprise you at all, contained money. And not just a couple of bucks either, usually it was at least 20 dollars and therefore highly sought after and very well hidden. This year I decided to keep up the Callister family tradition and hid my own version of the golden egg. It was a big blue egg and me being the creative genius I am I called it "big blue". However, big blue only contained 3 dollars seeing as my kids being little couldn't care less about the amount. So the hunt went great and they had just as much fun as I could hope. Capri found big blue and was ecstatic about it. They were hilarious opening their found eggs, Capri's pile was as orderly as humanly possible and Rome's pile didn't exist in that his stuff was spread all over the floor. Therefore I was FORCED to organize it. Like mother, like daughter!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

Happy Belated Easter!

Best Friend Visitation
Last minute my best friend Corrie told me she and her two girls were going to wing their ways from SLC for a quick visit. She had yet to meet Rome and Sable and I hadn't seen her girls since her youngest was a tiny baby. We had a great time just hanging out and catching a couple of Kansas City's staples. The best thing was just getting to stay up late and talk like old times when we were in college. And since our college days are coming up on 10 years past I can call them old times and not be exaggerating. Darn. I love you Corrie, come and visit any time kiddo! And that goes for any other "old" friends. KC is waiting for you!!!

Hair Butcheration
This is a very upsetting subject so I'm going to keep it brief. In an attempt to look cute for Jeff's graduation I got my bangs trimmed at Great Clips at the last minute. NEVER NEVER NEVER get your bangs trimmed at Great Clips at the last minute. The woman BUTCHERED my hair, left me looking like a redneck, and then had the gall to tell me that was what I asked for. I am still not over this and therefore cannot think about it for more than 15 seconds without steam beginning to gather in my head and pour out my ears.

Jeff's Graduation
He did it!!! Jeff has completed the Kansas City Police Academy and is now a commissioned officer. He graduated top of his class and was given a special plaque during the graduation ceremony for being Valedictorian. Capri and Rome pinned on his badge, #1312, and did a great job doing so. They were "the cutest pinners" according to various strangers who came up to us to tell us so. And even though Rome missed his nap that day and was HORRIBLE during the graduation (which is really weird for Rome) he was calm and good during the actual pinning. Way to pull through in a clutch Rome!
Congrats Jeff, we are SOOOOOO proud of you!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

The sad news that day was that Jeff's grandma on his mom's side had gone into a coma and was expected to pass away quickly. But even so, Jeff's mom Cathy was the only member of his family that was able to attend the ceremony. Sometimes Cathy's fortitude truly amazes me. She is a remarkable woman and an amazing grandma and mother-in-law.
The next morning, Jeff's grandma did pass away. We'll remember her with joyful thoughts and will miss her here on earth. But we feel nothing but happiness when we think of her in her physical state now, whole, happy and reunited with the son she lost so many years ago. We love you Nana Berbert.

5 luvs:

Erin said...

You have been busy! Congrats on Jeff's graduation. Love the girls in their sweet dresses. How fun to have two girls so they can match. I love the hat that Sable is wearing in the Egg Hunt pictures. Did you make it?

Alonso Family said...

i didn't think your bangs looked bad in the pictures, i honestly wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't of said anything. you all looked great, crazy to see Jeff in his whole official uniform...awesome! it looked like the kids were in heaven and so proud of their daddy. their matching green outfits looked fab, not to mention your kids also looked darling in their cute Easter outfits! that's a great tradition with the "golden egg."

it was so fun to visit you and get to know your kids better. i adore them and Elora keeps asking when she can go play with Capri again. she wants to call her on the video phone soon. we have been running around like crazy since we got back with school, work and being sick in between. i have got larengitus yet again, i sware i get it at least 4 times a year. it sucks, i will call you at soon as i am able.

btw, sorry to hear about Jeff's grandma, but it sounded like she had been sick for a long time. it's always as little bittersweet that way.

Emily said...

I can always count on you guys for great pictures. Lovely Easter dresses girls. Aby, you and your Mom have great taste. Glad your Easter was a fun one.

Congratulations Jeff! Or should I call you Officer Jeff? How exciting. Aby, you've got to love the uniform ;) I think your bangs look fine, but as someone who is a regular crier after each and every haircut, I know how you're feeling. Hang in there, it'll grow out. What a good looking family you Runyans are!!!

emily and adrian said...

yay!!!!!! I'm so excited for you all! Your kids must be so proud of their Daddy!
Oh, and Great CLips...we've allll been down that road. I remember going for a trim because I was too impatient to wait weeks for an appointment somewhere else. I figured, how bad can it be..anyone can trim hair right? WRONG! I've been there, and I've cried. It sucks.
COngrats agaiN!

Holly said...

Actually I love your bangs too, but I hear you on the "NEVER GO TO GREAT CLIPS" thing. I don't know how but this gal ruined my long beautiful when I went in for a trim. And GOOOOOO Jeff! You're gonna be a great officer, man!