Friday, April 25, 2008

You are ALL Terrible Guessers

I only got one guess as to what "Start me a Mast" could mean. Therefore the prize, that's right, THE PRIZE goes to Annie Reynolds. She guessed that it has something to do with a Mastectomy. Now granted, that makes no sense seeing as Jeff is a policeman and if he were performing Mastectomies he would surely be thrown in jail for a VERY long time. Regardless, she was the only guess and shall therefore reap the reward. What is the reward you ask? It is. . . some awesome scrapbooking stickers/supplies! They will be drawn at random from my VERY plentiful supply resulting from a now defunct scrapbook sticker/supply selling misadventure. Now Annie, I'm not sure if you actually scrapbook. In fact, I'm fairly sure you hate to scrapbook. Correct me if I'm wrong. But that's the prize so deal with it.
You also may ask, "Ok Aby get on with it, what does start me a Mast mean??!!" To which I say, "Calm down, I'm GETTING to it!!"
It means; send an ambulance. Here in Kansas City our ambulances are owned by a company called MAST. And somehow that became what all the emergency workers ended up calling the ambulances. As to why they say it such a piratey way, I have no idea.
You may now be asking yourself, "Does Jeff actually say something as ridiculous as 'Start me a MAST'?" No. Of course not. Jeff is not insane. He says, "Please send a MAST."
There you go, question answered. Now for your next question, we'll see if anybody tries a little harder this time to figure it out.
What does, "Start me a Second" mean?
Good luck!

7 luvs:

Annie said...

Heehee. You are correct. I do not scrap book. I photo album but we're a big fan of stickers in this house, except Go, who comes close to swearing when he has to peel them off his precious hard wood floors. It's actually really funny, so I can't wait!

Hm..Start me a second. If we're going with the same kind of thing where it's supposed to be "Send me a second", I'm guessing that like calling in back up. But that's a pretty long winded way of just screaming "HELP!" so I'm eager to hear what it really is. I'm really liking these guessing games.

Erin said...

Sorry for not guessing what "start me a mast" means. I have no witty or intelligent guesses in me these days and therefore am not going to guess what "start me a second" means either.

I have a favor to ask of you, would you mind if I used the picture of Jeff in his uniform on my blog? I need a picture of a policeman and would rather have one that I know than some random policeman from the internet. Let me know. Thanks!

Aby Runyan said...

Annie,
I'll make sure to send some stickers that the girls will like - Go will just have to deal with it! I'm family so maybe he'll cut me a little break. I like guessing games too, as you have probably already guessed.

Erin,
feel free to use the picture. I guess I'll just have to check your blog to see what it's for!
Do you need me to e-mail it to you or can you just copy it online and paste it?

luvs,
aby

Erin said...

I just copied it. Thanks!

Striving said...

I think it means start timing, like on a stop watch.

Alonso Family said...

yes, i am a terrible guesser...at least "spur of the moment." i like to take my time and really think about it but then i took so long i forgot to post my response. it's really too bad because i would have won...i was totally going to guess it meant to send one of those MAST abulences i have heard so much about:)

and now, Annie has beat me to the punch again with the exact same guess i was about to make (this time i am serious), so i will have to go with my second best guess. i think it might mean something a long the lines of asking for them to repeat or confirm what was just said.

i anxiously awake the answer. love ya!

Alonso Family said...

opps, i meant to say "await" the answer, not awake. i hate how you aren't allowed to edit these posts..do'h!