Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Sun

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

After church today the kids and I headed outside to enjoy some sunny springtime weather. It was gorgeous out and we did everything from blowing bubbles and swinging to reading from our current chapter book. While Sable and I cuddled on a blanket on the lawn, Capri and Rome went "on safari" walking through some trees growing close to our fence. They were Peter Pan and Wendy they said, and wanted to know who would be Michael and Jon. Capri declared that Sable was Michael, and Jon was "Holland", her oftentimes imaginary friend. I have no idea where the name came from, I guess liking geographical names is in her genes!

Jeff was out cold in the basement after working all night and then coming home in time to get showered, changed and then back out the door to church. He's on duty again tonight, poor guy is exhausted! Hopefully after break-in he'll be working less hours. . .hopefully.

3 luvs:

Erin said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday. I managed to win the mom of the year award again today. Maybe I should ship my kids to your house so that they can have relaxing Sundays too. Or perhaps I should come and leave the kiddies at home. I think I like that idea!

Emily said...

My heart goes out to you Aby. I so remember when we were in Vegas and Tom was working the graveyard shift valeting cars. I'm sure there's lots of Sundays that he doesn't even remember going to church. Hope it gets better soon. I'm sure you are missing your man (which sounds funny cause I know he's just down sleeping in the basement. But I'm sure you are missing him being awake and conscious when you are.)

Great pictures. What a fun way to enjoy an afternoon.

aLi said...

Creative kid, that's a cool name: "Holland." I love the pictures of a nice sunday afternoon. And I love how imaginative your kids are!