So like I said in the previous post, last week we took a quick trip to Silver Dollar City (SDC). This is, to put it lightly, one of our most favorite places to go. It is an amusement park in Branson, MO - right there in the middle of the Ozarks which couldn't make us happier.
Jeff and I are serious lovers of roller-coasters, blue grass, and old-timeyness. SDC is the only place we know that satisfies all those loves in one compact area. It also has "big cookies", funnel cakes, and lemon ice, which satisfies our shared love to eat.
Through gentle prodding, loving whispers ("SDC is the BEST"), and most importantly, genetics, our children also share these loves. They both LOVE Silver Dollar City, albeit in different ways.
Take Capri:
Capri is the genetic product of two people who both, as previously stated, LOVE rides and roller-coasters. This has produced a girl that will ride anything. Seriously, ANYTHING. On this trip she was finally tall enough to ride Powder Keg.


Capri rode Powder Keg three times in one day, and once the next day. She would have ridden it ALL day long if we had been willing. But even Jeff and I have our limits.
Now Rome:
Rome is the genetic product of two people who like rides but also don't mind spending a whole day just poking around and looking at stuff.
This has produced a boy that is happy to wander around, wander off, and take interest in the little things off to the side that nobody else might notice or care about. Like a full sized dog lawn ornament. I didn't take a picture of this but I seriously wish I had. Rome called it "his dog" and would have been perfectly content to hang out with "his dog" all day long. He likes rides, but not on quite the same scale as Capri. The "Happy Frogs" were his favorite. Again, I didn't get a picture but I found this one online. Notice the little girl in the background. I think she may be a superhero of some sort.
Finally, Sable:
Sable is the product of two people who REALLY like to eat. This has produced a girl who, well, REALLY likes to eat. She is, as I call her, "my most eatingest baby".
Sable was, I feel certain, the best behaved baby in all of Silver Dollar City. She never cried, she never fussed, she was just content to eat yummy blackberry funnel cakes and lemon ice and whatever else we shoved in her mouth.
So that's pretty much it.
The weather was gorgeous, the first day in the park there were NO lines, and we got to ride everything we wanted to ride.
Oh yeah, I didn't mention how Rome was fighting a serious potty war the second day of the trip that landed us in the SDC bathrooms for about 2 1/2 hours total. But that's probably something you don't want too many details about. Or pictures.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Silver Dollar City, Ye Ha!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
What a fun trip you guys. I didn't realize Silver Dollar City had such cool rides!
like mother like father like daughter like son, indeed, it sounds like the perfect place for you all! good times!
Sounds like a funtrip. Glad that you have kids who enjoys the sames things you do.
Aby, I loved this post. I smiled and chuckled my way through it. Your kids are darling. Capri is already braver than I am. I would run from any kind of Powder Keg blaster-thing. And Rome, I'm pretty sure about half the houses in our neighborhood here have "lawn dog ornaments" or something comparable so come visit and we'll take a walk. And Sable, Blackerry funnel cakes? YUM! You've got good taste little one. What a great family-fun day!!!
Wow, I need to go there. I think I am your relative, I also love all of those things! :)
How fun for you guys!!!
Post a Comment