1. Rome is totally potty-trained! He's been so for several weeks, since about 2 days after our Silver Dollar City trip. He managed to accomplish this awesome feat before he turned 3 and before mother's day. Needless to say it was the best mother's day present I could have gotten. Rome, you the man.
2. Sable's favorite thing to do lately is to pinch me. She loves this and apparently thinks I do too. It's like her lovey, she always does it when she's on my lap snuggling or trying to fall asleep. She starts with my arms and moves to my neck. It would be cute except it REALLY hurts. She has this ability to separate my skin from my muscle - or at least that's how it feels.
3. A while back I asked the question, what does "Start me a second" mean? I neglected to reveal the winning answer, it's. . . Annie again! She guessed that it means send back-up, which is pretty much right on the money. Annie, seeing as I never got your first prize mailed - you'll now be getting two prizes very soon (meaning whenever I actually make it to the post office).
4. Sable loves to eat. She will eat just about anything edible, and a few things that are non-edible. I've actually yet to find food she won't eat. This includes raw tomatoes and grilled zuccini. In fact, the quickest way to make Sable happy is to stick some food in her mouth. She is, as I like to say, "my eatingest baby". It is for this reason, and also because when I look at her she looks back with huge eyes and says "Maaaa-maaaa" that we are seriously considering renaming her, Sable "the goat" Runyan.
5. Capri is also becoming a great eater. This is, to put it mildly, the most fabulous thing to ever happen to our family. On February 20th she decided that she was sick eating literally the same two meals everyday. Out of the blue she asked for some of the pasta Jeff had made for himself. It was so amazing, we took some pictures.
She is now eating all kinds of foods, and we can all eat the same dinner - TOGETHER - at the table. Sometimes Jeff and I will just look over at each other thinking the same thing, this is a dream come true.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Tidbits
Posted by Aby Runyan at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
If we would let her, Cali would eat pizza, pickles or strawberries every day, for every meal. So hurray and congrats on getting Capri to eat new foods. I know what a struggle mealtime can be with a picky eater. Also congrats on potty training a BOY! I can only imagine. (But not really since I've only potty trained a girl. And grew up with sisters.) Sounds like lots of good things are happening at the Runyans house!
ps. the picture of Sable on the top of your blog is gorgeous!!!
Aby, do you remember the book Bread and Jam for Francis? Capri is literally that character. She is Francis, and she has finally realized that there is much deliciousness to be discovered in this world. I'm very excited for her and the journey of food she has begun.
Post a Comment