Last night, while reading books before bedtime, the little baby book we were reading for Sable asked the question, "What do flowers smell like?" I turned to Capri and asked her, not knowing myself how I would answer this surprisingly deep question. After only a moments thought, and with a big smile on her face she said,
"Flowers smell just like fresh air."
I paused, totally surprised at how perfect her words were. "Yes Capri, you're right. Flowers do smell JUST like fresh air."
I'm 31 and am only now realizing this.
She's 4.
It's good to know that at least one of us in this family seems to be thinking clearly. Sorry Mom and Dad, you're stuck with me to take care of you in your old age (not that you're old now, but ya know. . .) I've got Capri to take care of me, old age here I come!
Friday, May 30, 2008
A Pause
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 luvs:
Post a Comment