My Mom's birthday is tomorrow, she's turning 27. . . again. She turns 27 every year and mother like daughter, so do I.
Last November we took some family pictures while visiting in California. Luckily we had presence of mind enough to get a few of just us girls.
Isn't Mom gorgeous? If I can look like my Mom when I turn 27, again, I'll be one happy 27 year old.
I'm sure that my Mom is already embarassed beyond belief that I am posting this little birthday tribute, so why don't I go all the way and list a few things I love about my Mom.
1. She is the only person, in the entire world, that I can tell literally anything to. This makes me very happy seeing as I tend to be overly dramatic, emotional and generally on the brink of disaster at all times. Having her as a sounding board has saved me.
2. She LOVES my kids, and they L-O-V-E her back. In my book, if my kids love you then you must be OK.
3. She is my #1 shopping buddy. I love to shop and thus "good shopper" is a very highly regarded personality trait to me.
4. She is a lady of many talents. She paints, sews, scrapbooks, decorates, plays piano, SINGS (this is a rare treat to hear, she is a beautiful Alto), cooks, bakes, reads (yes, this is a talent - especially when you've read so much that you are left with a working knowledge of just about everything in history), and can beat just about anyone in Scrabble.
5. She raised me well. This I truly believe, now especially that I am a mom myself, is no small feat. Raising kids is hard. I grew up happy, healthy, well-adjusted, smart, loved, and safe. I laughed a lot, and when I cried she was there for me. She took me places, taught me things, and left little gifts for me to find on my bed after school. She was, and continues to be, my friend AND my Mother.
Happy Birthday Mom! I love you so much!
BONUS PIC
Here's a picture of just the guys.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
My Mom, Janice Ruth Callister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 luvs:
I know I've mentioned this before, but right after we moved here to Texas your Dad called and asked if we could meet them for lunch while they were in the area. Being a very pregnant lady who hadn't seen any family in months I about cried! Not only did they feed us (at a restaurant...hello! We were poor as can be from the move) but they took us out for dessert as well. But the absolute best part was that your mom came to the restaurant with a goody bag for Cali. Cookies, a coloring book, and the yummiest Trader Joe's fresh fruit. And then when we were leaving, she pulled out another bag of fruit to send us home with. I have lots of great memories that involve your mom and your family (one of them is her singing with Uncle Dennis) but our lunch date with them is my absolute favorite. They spoiled us and we hadn't been spoiled in a while.
Happy Birthday Aunt Jan! I hope you get spoiled!!!
Wow! She is really pretty. I mean really really. Can I look like her when I have a four year old Granddaughter?
this may be the only comment i ever post. this is to confirm that i am a very lucky guy.
Post a Comment