Aren't they the greatest? I know so many awesome Dads, but today I'm choosing to write about just two of them.
Jeff
I've never met a man that loves babies more than Jeff. If I was physically able to, we'd have about 12 of them (perhaps more). I am not kidding. Before we had Capri, Jeff and I would stalk whatever baby was nearby, usually be at church. We'd wait for our chance to pounce and try to wrangle the baby out of it's mother's hands. Usually Jeff would send me to do the dirty work saying, "Go get me that baby". Which I would, because I love them just as much.
There are a lot of reasons why I love Jeff, but I'd have to say that his patience with and love for children is at the very top of the list. I've learned a LOT about being a good mother by watching him be a good father.
My Dad, Dan Callister
If you know my Dad at all then you can see how this picture is pretty much him in a nutshell. It's a perfect Dan Callister shot. Can't you just hear it? "What do you need kid?" Or maybe, "What's up beautiful?"
My Dad is the kind of guy that WILL and usually CAN help you in whatever problem or situation you are facing. I don't say this lightly, I mean it. And he doesn't just do it for his kids. He is a Dad to SO many, kids and adults alike. If you go to my Dad and say, "I need help" he will help you. Therefore, he has in his lifetime helped more people than I can count. For this, I have a great and lasting love and respect for my Dad. I know, and I've ALWAYS known that my Dad will be there for me no matter what.
I feel more than lucky to have these two Dads in my life. For some reason I've been blessed to know, be guided, and loved by these two amazing men. I've also been blessed by knowing my awesome brothers (who aren't fathers yet, but if I have any say in it WILL be someday), upstanding and loving brothers-in-law, and a gentle and kind father-in-law (who captures every picture I manage to miss).
Thank you guys, for all you do. I couldn't be who I am, without you all.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Dads
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 luvs:
Aby! I'm here with your parents and they've showed me your adorable blog site. Your kids are precious!! How much fun is the blogging?!? It's the BEST way to keep everyone current on what's going on with your fam when some are far away! Check out arpfamily.weebly.com if you want a peek at my little ones. :-) And... I'd love some tips about being a mother of three because it seems I'm going to be having another one! I told your parents I was trying to keep up with you LOL!
Post a Comment