Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bank of America VS Community America Credit Union

We hate Bank of America. Period. Don't try and talk us out of it. We've had WAAAAY too many bad experiences there to change our minds. Take the most recent experience I had where I tried to cash a check (drawn from BOA) there without having an account for example. After making me go inside the branch, putting my thumbprint on the check, and then writing all over it, the cranky teller informed me that it would be $5 to cash the darn thing. Needless to say I was more than a little annoyed. So I took my check and left to go to my own bank, Community America Credit Union (CACU). There I told the very nice teller my BOA woes, namely, "I HATE Bank of America". He responded, "You're the third person to say that today."
Therefore, Bank of America = Stupid

Last friday was the 2nd annual members meeting for CACU. We went last year and literally had a ball. It's held at the CACU Ballpark in Kansas, where the T-Bones play. The kids counted down the days in June till as Rome put it, "baseball player day". It's totally free, including food, crafts, inflatables, playground equipment, face painting, running the bases, bingo, and giveaways. This year they also had a drumline from a local school and they were AWESOME. There were kids of every age, down to about Capri's size playing the drums and also cheering/dancing. At the end there's a huge fireworks show. It was a beautiful day, cooler then they have been and the air smelled so clean as the sun went down. Just like last year.
Therefore, Community America Credit Union = Smart

I fully expect to get angry comments from people saying how wonderful BOA is. But I have to ask you this. . .
Has Bank of America ever given you anything other than a lollipop and a checking account fee?

5 luvs:

aLi said...

Nope.
When we moved from Utah to MO we needed to find a bank located in both places, so we went to BOA. After we were established here we found CACU and joined. Long story short, we lost money at BOA, and have since closed our account there. I love CACU. They're especially good if I wanted to drink coffee and eat cookies whenever I went there.

Erin said...

Down with BOA!!! I really have no idea what either bank is like but I trust your judgement!

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

Your not alone girl. Eran and I had a horrible experience with BOA! We go to M&I now, and they are awesome.

The Wehrmeister's said...

I am a USBank girl all the way. So I will join you in your Down with BOA.

Hey is your phone broken. I keep trying to call and it has an automated message.

ericareynolds said...

I don't like BOA either. When I was in the PTA we had an account there and it was a nightmare!