Monday, June 9, 2008

June Crop

Saturday was the "June Crop" at Archivers. Jeff had signed me up for my Mother's Day present. I specifically asked him to, and I'm so glad I did!
It was a 12 hour crop but I couldn't get there till about 2:30 and then had to leave at 7:45 because Jeff had to sleep from working the night before, and then had to work again that night. I actually didn't think that most people would stay the full 12 hours but I was so wrong - in fact they were shocked I was leaving early. I was also the last to arrive. Now, after doing it, I can totally understand why people stay for the whole time - it's so much fun! I was VERY bummed to have to leave but at least I got an entire album made.
At the crop they provided lunch and dinner, plus snacks and drinks and CANDY (Mom, I ate some chocolate but only a little!). They also give you a little free project to do (you also bring all your scrapbooking stuff and work on whatever you want at your own workstation), they have prizes, product demos, a free gift (a really cute scrapper tool tote) and you just scrap to your hearts content! I definately want to go to the next one and will somehow work it out so I can stay the whole 12 hours. I already told Jeff so there won't be any surprises, or protests.
Oh and Mom, we HAVE to go to one together some time - you would LOVE it!!
Here's the album I did, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

I chose these pictures to make an entire album out of because it will forever be one of my very favorite and most memorable times spent with the kids. We had headed outside after church because the weather was finally permitting, it was April and the air was cool and crisp. It smelled SO good outside and the colors were brighter than I can describe. It was before both Rome and Capri got their haircuts and lost their long locks (silent sob). We blew bubbles, and sat in the sun. I pushed them all in the swings and then watched Capri and Rome play games and have dialogues that only Capri and her vivid imagination can produce. Simply put, it was a splendid afternoon. I will never forget it.

7 luvs:

Emily said...

Too cute Aby! I love how you laid your pages out, and I LOVED the pictures. Your kids are so cute.

I put all of our friend/family blog links into Google reader. That way I can see the second someone posts something new. Then I can be the first to comment. Okay, I'm not that blog-crazy, but I do really like google reader, and I figured that since all of our links were already in there, I'd just take them off our blog.

Jan said...

I'm ready whenever you are, kiddo. I've never been to a crop party but it sounds fun and heaven knows I have about 40 million pics that need to be dealt with.

Cute, cute book but how could it be otherwise when the subjects are so incredibly cute? Of course, I am only a little biased!

Alonso Family said...

how fun, i am so jealous. now i finally understand what it is you got for Mother's day. it turned out very very cute! i have always had the small wish in my heart that people would pay me to scrapbook because i love to do but time is money. blogging is the closest i get to it these days.

aLi said...

I enjoyed looking at your scrapbook pages! I thought the page with Sable in the swing was cool how you cropped 2 pictures and put them together! What a good idea!

The Wehrmeister's said...

That sounds like what I need! I love crop parties. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much.

emily and adrian said...

I don't know what a crop party is, but I am impressed with yout skills...I have always considered myself the anti scrapbooker...but really I'm just being a hater because I am so unorganized...and scrapbooking looks like it takes a ton of organization. Teach me how sometime. I love your work!

Holly said...

I never knew how artistic you are! And who took those fabulous pictures.? I love it! We miss seeing you guys!