Monday, June 23, 2008

A Dozen Things Conspiring to Make Me Crankier Than I've Been . . . Ever.

1. Still not feeling well.

2. 14 million bruises on my legs. Ok, so maybe 13 million.

3. Melasma on my upper lip (translation: dark spots that make me CRAZY).

4. Jeff's recent trip to the dentist.

5. The amount of time it's taking me to re-organize my house.

6. Getting pulled over for speeding. Apparently being a cop's wife doesn't get you the kind of treatment you might think it does. What it gets you is a "lesser fine" for not wearing your seat belt, even though you WERE wearing your seatbelt, but you should be "happy" that you aren't getting the speeding ticket, wink, wink. It wasn't a KC cop, but still.

7. The heat. After a VERY long winter I'm already ready for summer to be gone.

8. Being overrun by questions from a 3 and 4 year old.

9. Being overrun by "I want" from a 3 and 4 year old.

10. A 10 month old with 4, count them, 4 teeth coming in.

11. A 10 month old with a desperate need to destroy my house.

12. Being cranky. This makes me mad at myself, which makes me crankier, which makes me mad at myself, which makes me even crankier. It's a vicious cycle really.

Today I actually said to Capri, "Don't ask me another question. . .for the rest of your life." Now if that's not cranky, I don't know what is.

7 luvs:

Annie said...

I'm totally laughing right now. I've said this exact thing to Ruby before. I COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from--do you ears ring at the end of each day? Mine do.

Emily said...

Yikes! Good luck with the teeth, the ticket, and the not feeling well. Add a speeding ticket on top of all that and I don't blame you a bit for feeling cranky. It sounds like you need a vacation. Maybe to Texas?

aLi said...

Aby, I am so sorry!!! I have the same vicious cycle as you. Nothing like being cranky and then being cranky that you're being cranky.
:P
I hope you get feeling better soon!

Erin said...

Hope your feeling better soon. I think all moms can relate. Jack asks so many questions that many days I tell him to stop asking me. Bad I know, but a mom needs her sanity!

ericareynolds said...

I so understand the cranks! I sent Ella to bed last night early simply because I was tired of listening to her whine!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I really really like the ...for the rest of your life part!

Oh that so reminds me of Paige.

Merinda Cutler said...

I hear ya, girl! Totally understand the cranky cycle. I love what Elder Ballard said about being a mother: "There are moments of great joy and incredible fulfillment, but there are also moments of a sense of inadequacy, monotony, and frustration." (May 2008) So true. Gotta take the bad with the good, I guess.