We had a great fourth this year, made even better by Jeff's mom who volunteered to watch the kids and send us to the movies. This, to put it lightly, was quite a treat. We jumped at the offer and found ourselves at a matinee for Indiana Jones 4. As the movie got started and Indy showed up on screen, I leaned over to Jeff with a HUGE goofy smile on my face and said, "This is SO much fun!" I gotta admit, I love Indiana Jones. He is by far, to me, one of the greatest characters ever created. So to get to see him in action again after all these years was really great. I got even happier when Shia LaBeouf came onscreen, who is also great and in the top five on my innocent crush list - something I'll have to put together in a later post.
Thanks so much Cathy, we had a great time!
For fireworks we headed to Independence, MO for the show they put on there. We've gone every year since we've moved here and can't see going to any other show. This one is just too good. It's a solid 30 minutes of BIG fireworks, at least 2 at a time. The weather was perfect, cool and clear. We laid on our blanket and watched and watched. Sable even loved the show which last year she heard from my tummy. We ate shaved ice as we waited to get out of the crowded parking lot, and didn't get the kids to bed till nearly midnight. For us, it was all just perfect.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
As the kids would say, "Happy July Day!!"
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Independence Day in Independence, MO
Posted by Aby Runyan at 5:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
How nice to get out for a date. Aren't Grandmas so great!
When my in-laws were here a few weeks ago they watched the girls so we could go out. It was awesome! We went and saw Indiana Jones too(also awesome.) I'm sure we had goofy slap-happy grins on our faces as well. You can't help it...
Those are really great fireworks pictures. I love the family ones.
It looks like you had a blast. What a fun way to spend your 4th.
Kewl, Aby. When my mom was here after I had Amelia she offered to baby-sit while we went on a date, so we went and saw Indiana Jones, too. That was SOO COOL! I loved the movie! And I agree with getting out on a date with your husband, it IS so cool!
P.S. your ma-in-law is hilarious! I asked her for her brownie recipe and she brought it over, along with some brownies (which she didn't have to do, but I am so grateful she did!!!). The recipe was hilarious! Basically, you drive your car over to Sam's club on N. Oak Trfwy, buy the cheap big sheet cake of brownies, and frost with the frosting that's on sale.
LoL. I wonder if she minds that I'm giving away her fabulous brownie recipe!
cute pictures, your camera did a great job of actually capturing some fireworks that aren't blurry. i have a hard time getting mine to do that. what a happy day. i still haven't seen Indiana Jones, dang it.
Post a Comment