First I want to say that I think you are all just grand. And extra special. And dandy.
Second, I want to say that I HATE your automatic music players (or whatever they are called). Does HATE seem like a strong word? Sorry. But it's true.
I really, really, really HATE them.
Here's why:
1. I don't keep my speakers on all the time. What can I say, I like the gentle hum of my computer. So when I do NEED to turn them on to watch one of your videos that you so brillantly figured out how to download (something I've never been able to accomplish) I am blasted with whatever music you've loaded onto your blog. I hear no kiddies, no birthday song, no funny baby gurgles. Therefore I have to FIND your music player, turn it off, go back to the post and then restart the video clip.
2. Here's where it gets REALLY hairy. I use Firefox, and as you may know, Firefox keeps multiple pages open with tabs at the top of the screen for easy access. I like this. What really throws me off is when I have a blog open, then use a link to get to another blog. Then I go to play a video on the second blog and so I turn on my speakers - BLAAAST!! Music instead. So I search for the music player and turn it off. But the music doesn't stop, "*$%#**#!", the OTHER blog ALSO has one and I have to go back to the first blog and find that player and turn IT off.
So as you can clearly see this is causing me great problems. And distress. And cursing.
It's not that I don't love Y-O-U fellow bloggers. I do, I DO love you! It's just that I really, really, really, REALLY hate your music players.
Oh yeah, I also really hate your word verifications. This is another source of frustration when I leave a perfectly snarky comment and then have to type in something that looks a lot like this:
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Dear Fellow Bloggers,
JojoBOSkojilLSKION
luvs, aby
Posted by Aby Runyan at 9:26 PM
Labels: Attempts at Humor, Soapbox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 luvs:
AMEN.
My reasons for hating music players:
1. Their music is never good.
2. I usually have music of my own playing and then I all of a sudden have garballeegook coming through my speakers--a mix of my AWESOME music and a mix of their NOT AWESOME music.
3. It covers up posts I want to read.
Agreed. I hate the players too. I hate them because they are stupid. I really don't have any other reasons.
I also HATE the verifications as well, but I like that it keeps some spammers from leaving "messages" on my blog. (But apparently I am BLIND, because I never get the letters write for the verification.)
All I can say is Amen.
I still like you despite you not liking my music player. ;O) I made it a little easier for you anti-music player people by putting it right on the top before you even get to my post so you can pause it before you even start reading. And FYI, I saw your comment on Jen's blog. Girl, you so don't have a growing buldge!! You always look gorgeous! And I loved the dress that you wore on Sunday! Where did you get it? (Even though I can't even think about wearing new clothes until my baby is at least 2 years old! lol) I seriously think you are such an awesome primary music singer person (I can't think of the right words right now. I was up until 5am with easton. gag!) You work so well with the kids and you do an amazing job!! Keep it up =O)
deleted!!!
I've been debating taking mine off because of the same exact reasons. I just keep putting it off... thanks for kicking me in the butt to finally do it!
Amen Sister!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I keep all the blogs I stalk open in tabs when I'm catching up on reading and when I have unknowingly left my speaker on there are about a 10-12 different songs playing in the background. ANNOYING!
I totally agree!!! I hate them both. And I'm happy that you dedicated a post to this topic. It needs to be addressed.
Post a Comment