We're off to Silver Dollar City for Thanksgiving, and could NOT be more excited. Seriously. We even have a family motto that we will be shouting throughout the park on Turkey Day, it's "Hooray for Thanksgiving!" Capri came up with it, and we've been practicing it quite a lot. Sunday's drive home from church involved us all taking turns saying the family motto along with our best "Yee Haw!". It may become a lot like our "Serenity now" (from Seinfeld) if the lines are long and it snows. But seriously we don't care, we are just so excited to see the lights, the shows, and generally have a grand ole time in one of our very favorite places.
Since I never got around to posting about our last trip in September, I figured I better post some pics before I get brand new pics. It was the Harvest Festival and we got some beautiful shots. We even got the bejeebers scared out of us by a "scarecrow" that turned out to be a real guy. I didn't get a pic of the scare, but it involved:
1. Seeing a scarecrow that looked kind of like a Bald Knobber
2. Moving in for a closer look
3. Him saying something and moving
4. Jeff and me yelping and then laughing hysterically
5. The kids yelping and then crying and clinging to our legs for the next 15 minutes.
It was awesome.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Hooray for Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
I'm glad to hear that you had fun at SDC. That is such an awesome place to visit! Very festive!
Are you going to the kids' Christmas singing thing at school next Thurs? Let me know if you are. I have a dr's appt and I won't be able to get any pictures. I'm bummed that I can't go. You can email me if you want;
hastingsbunch@scbglobal.net
Cute pics!
love Mom
I loved the last pic of you all, or should I say y'all, in front of the pumpkins. PS: where are you in CA? Did you get my Facebook note that we'll be there on the 20th, as in two more days, the 20th?
Looks like a lot of fun! Nothing like that around here.
what about Hooray for Christmas? hope yours is very Merry! love ya!
Post a Comment