Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Peter Pan Halloween

Well we did it, another successful Halloween. And this year, all on our lonesomes. Grandma was extra busy and so I was left to figure out how to magically transform us all into the cast of Peter Pan. With a little luck on Ebay, a little luck at the Salvation Army and a LOT of luck sewing I was able to get us looking the part.


(Note: Due to a seriously unfortunate choice of hand placement, I look pregnant in this picture. I AM NOT PREGNANT. I'm just fat.)


I was especially proud of Jeff's hat. It was a black witch's hat that I converted and covered in red felt. Took a while but was totally worth it.



My costume looks the easiest, but I did have to shorten the sleeves and add elastic. I did have the comfiest costume though!


Capri has worn a wig three Halloweens in a row. She truly excels at what we call, "committing to your costume". We tell the kids, you've got to commit to your costume. Hot, cold, uncomfortable - sometimes you have to sacrifice to look the part!


I'm really not sure that Rome's smile could get any bigger than in this picture. Doesn't he have the REDDEST lips ever?




Our ticking Crocodile. You wouldn't believe how coveted crocodile/alligator costumes are. You CAN'T find them in a store, and online they are snatched up like crazy. It took me weeks to finally win one on Ebay at a price that wasn't INSANE.







YUM!!

13 luvs:

[AnnieR] said...

You guys look AWESOME. I am so, so impressed. You would never know his hat was a witch's hat covered in felt. MAJOR snaps to you.

Emily said...

I have been eagerly awaiting this post. Congratulations on another year well done! You are the greatest!!! We love you Runyans!

The Wehrmeister's said...

You guys looked great. You did a great job!

Erin said...

So cute. You guys are the funnest Halloween family I know. I'm jealous that you guys were Peter Pan carachters. I wanted Jack to be Peter Pan and Kate Tinker Bell but Jack wouldn't go with it. Maybe next year!

Alonso Family said...

absolutely love it! and i almost didn't even see Capri's green cast, it matched perfectly. you seriously make an especially cute Wendy, Aby, despite the poor hand placement:)overall and as always very impressive!

The Six Little Texans... said...

So cute! I have not been prepared enough to ever carry a theme to our family's halloween costumes. I think I loved the crocodile the best!

LaShaunna said...

Wow, you guys look great! Halloween is always last minute for our family!

Heather said...

You guys are by far the best themed fam I've ever seen. I loved every outfit. I'm seriously so impressed.

Holly said...

Man, you guys are so cool! And super committed to your costumes. Capri, you make a stunning blond! Aby, I'm so impressed that you did all that! Woah! You even sewed, you brave woman, you! Love the pictures. I can't wait to see what you guys do for next year... no pressure...
~Holly
PS, I'll have to tell my kids to be more committed to their costumes in years to come. I love it.

jen and brody said...

Jeff (or rather his wife cuz she's the one that probably does this)! Oh my goodness. Look at your cute family! I found your blog on Melissa Clint's blog. Ours is jenandbrody.blogspot.com. Anyway, it's fun to see you guys on here.

Jason Eddy said...

The Runyans: continuing to raise the Halloween-family-themed-costume bar. Kudos. I agree, that this is probably the most highly anticipated post of the year...Good work guys.

Anonymous said...

SO FREAKIN CUTE! I luv the crocodile!! I wouldn't have ever thought of that! You did such a good job! Be very proud!

amy said...

holy crap. words seem inadequate to express how much i appreciate what you have done here. holy cow. the sewing, the transforming, the committing, the ebaying, the clarifying of your pregnancy-status...it's all just incredible.

thank you for taking halloween seriously. it's people like you who make the day worth celebrating. the costumes are way more fun than the candy, which is really saying something.

also, thank you for including an ambiguously gestating photo. it says a lot about a woman. like that she is funny.