I must be in a letter writing mood.
I just wanted to write you and say, you are making me crazy.
That's all.
No wait. I'll explain.
I was FORCED to read your first book. FORCED.
OK, so I ended up liking parts of it. Mostly the parts that had nothing to do with Bella's constant descriptions of Edwards "perfect face and marble chest". I liked Jacob, I liked the rest of the Cullens. Frankly I wished the book was all about them.
When I finished your first book I was left thinking, "THAT'S the end?". This made me mad. You had left it so open for a sequel that I knew I'd have to read the next one. So I went BACK to the library and got on the waiting list. This time I was somwhere in the 300's. So I waited. And waited. Then I got sick of waiting for something that I really didn't even WANT to read so I bought the darn thing. That's right. I BOUGHT it.
And now I am reading it. And all of the Cullen's are gone, and Jacob is nowhere to be seen and I am having to endure PAGES and PAGES of Bella's whining and "numbness". For goodness sakes, does the woman have any self esteem AT ALL??
This is why you are making me crazy.
Therefore, I would like my money back. I think you can swing the 8 bucks. I'll be awaiting your response, and check.
Thank you (no luvs),
aby
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Dear Stephanie Meyer,
Posted by Aby Runyan at 9:18 PM
Labels: Attempts at Humor, Soapbox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 luvs:
you make me laugh aby!!!
Now this made me laugh out loud..."For goodness sakes, does the woman have any self esteem AT ALL??" does that mean i owe you some money?
I went to see the movie with my Mom. It kind of made me want to read the books....nah, I'll just wait for the next movie. And if Bella in the book is anything like Bella in the movie then I too, would like to strangle her.
I DO like the vampire family though...I think I'm into vampires...like, I would TOTALLY date one if I was 17 again!
Aby, you're the best. I also was FORCED to read the first one by my visiting teachee Maranda who shoved the book in my hands when she found out I hadn't read it yet. I must say I plowed right through it--a titillating page-turner. But HORRIBLE writing. How many times can the guy's eyes smolder? I'm ashamed to share an English degree from BYU with S.M. And don't even get me started about the self-esteem, trust-any-hot-boy-that-promises-you-he-can-control-himself-and-not-suck-your-blood issue! I'm just glad I don't have any girls who might grow up and read it someday! Yet I'm a bit ashamed to say that if Maranda offers to loan me the second one, I actually might take it from her . . . If my brain were still in the mode, I'd write an awesome textual analysis of the book, trying to figure out why it's so dang popular.
By the way, Today I met a cousin I really liked who lives in Kansas City. I think we may need to come visit them and you someday very soon.
Post a Comment