We got some good luvin' in on Valentine's Day. Jeff was on duty so no date for the "big kids" but me and the littles had lunch at Wendy's and then went to Kaleidoscope where they got all their family Valentine's made. How lucky are we Kansas Citians to have a TOTALLY free place like Kaleidoscope?
Later, after Jeff woke up, we had a small window of time before he had to head out to the KC streets again. We managed to give presents and have, as the kids dubbed it, "a feast".
I pledged to myself last year that Valentine's day would be the one holiday I would make all the presents. Of course 2 days before V-day I changed my mind as to what I wanted to give Sable. So I stayed up till 4:00am each night to make her a quiet book. I've never made one before, and did it entirely from scratch without any instructions. I was actually pretty shocked when I finished and it matched what I'd imagined in my head.
For Jeff, I "made" him an appointment for a massage. Yeah, another massage. He was pleased as punch.
Jeff got me just what I wanted, check out the bling on my right hand.
Now for the mushy part. Luvs to all - my kids, my husband, my parents, my bros, my friends and to you as well my dear 5 readers. You really don't know how special it is to me to actually have people read my words. Someday, when I actually write my first book - you'll be the ones I dedicate it to. Let's face it, you deserve it for wading through these posts as I slowly find myself as a writer.
LUVS LUVS LUVS!!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Luvin'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 luvs:
So now I know why you haven't been reading and/or leaving comments on our blog. You've been busy making Valentine's Day presents! We've really missed your comments and have even left a personal invitation to you and Jeff to respond to one in particular. But boy, what beautiful gifts! I so wish I had time to even try to develop those talents. Perhaps when the kids are older. Although it is my goal to make homemade gifts for the extended family for Christmas this year. Seeing all those gifts makes me want to show off our Valentine's exchanges too, but that's okay. I must say you are a girl after my own heart with your table decor. I guess you could call table decorating a hobby of mine. I even have a few books with different ideas for decor and napkin folding. For our wedding I registered for Fiestaware so I could have multiple colored dishes to choose frome! Jason thinks it's silly, but I love it! Oh, before I forgot, WOW! What a ring! I'm jealous!
i can't believe you made all those things especially that quiet book...i have wanted one for my kids but can't believe how expensive they are in the stores. great job. now, explain Rome's gift a little for me...is that a real clock in a pillow and what is it for exactly? also we need a close up pic of your bling..my eyes just aren't that good:) and finally i agree with your kids about calling it a "feast." you are just too cute! luvs back atcha!
I have to say I love being one of your "5 readers", whenever you write in your blog I feel as if you are writing to me.
Now if you do not consider me one of your 5 readers I would be sad.
Aby, I bet a lot more people read your blog than you realize. Anyway, nice work on the place settings and all the gifts you made. I LOVE the quiet book...I've always wanted to make one too, but I can't even sew a stitch unless it's a straight line so I might need a lesson from you one of these days. Gorgeous, great job!!! Love you, Karen :)
Wow you're talented! My kids are going to be lucky to get cupcakes and cheesy, store-bought stuffed animals on V-Day. Oh ya, probably because I hate the day. But maybe I'll learn to love it for the kids. Right?
OK, first, I just discovered that if you click on a picture in your blog you can get a close up (it's the small things that make life worth living - I am very proud of my elderly brain that I figured that out). Way to go Jeff! Second, how did I end up with a daughter that is so creative? I mean it. As I've said before I can follow a pattern but have no ability to come up with the original idea. If I do get an original idea I really have no talent for figuring out how to do it. Maybe you got that from your father - he never gives up or in either! Way to go Abs!
Great job on all the gifts! Happy luvin' day to you guys a little late. I'll have to update on my blog about vday, too.
I agree with your mom on how creative you are!!! I've been wanting to make a quiet book for FOREVER. After seeing your pictures I think I need to just buckle down and do it. I might need some help, though. How much do you charge?
oh, is it "for forever" or just "forever."
I think it's the latter, but a part of me likes to use the first on occassion.
I'm so impressed with your homemade gifts. WOW!
So you should make quiet books and sell them...I'd buy one for sure!!!
Thanks everyone!
To those who were wondering (Corrie my dear, you may be the only one who couldn't figure it out but I love you anyway) - Rome's present was a small fleece pillow, and I used the leftover fleece to cover his clock. I'd bought him a football clock and it ticked REALLY loud so I couldn't put it up. He kept asking me, "When am I going to get a new football clock?" So it was something that he actually wanted.
luvs, aby
Post a Comment