I'm REALLY not one for the Superbowl - I saw about 5 minutes of the last one. Enough to hear Jeff go on about the last call not being reviewed and how CRAAAAZY that was. I took his word for it.
I don't even care about the "awesome" commercials everybody gathers around to see. Any other day we all can't stop complaining about them but then suddenly on Superbowl Sunday they apparently become PURE ENTERTAINMENT.
I will say that seeing The Boss perform for a couple minutes took me back, my Dad was a big Bruce fan and us kids knew all his songs growing up. He sure is getting old though (Bruce, not my Dad - well actually. . .) but weirdly sounds exactly the same.
Anyway, my very bestest friend posted this commercial from a previous Superbowl and it actually made me laugh out loud, a lot. So I had to share it with MY readers. You know, all 3 of you (one being this friend).
Monday, February 2, 2009
That's Not New Baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 luvs:
You're right - it DID make me laugh out loud. I actually watched it twice. I think my favorite part is the blond that gets nailed in the hallway. Why is that so funny? I don't remember seeing this before. Was it from last year's game?
I love soooo many things about this post. First, that you love Bruce. My Dad also raised us to love The Boss. Second, that you don't watch the Superbowl. I don't either. And of course I love the commercial. I love when he's in the middle of a tackle/scream and stops to say "hi" to the girl. Hilarious.
I so enjoyed the commercial. Owen watched it with me. As he pointed to the football player he exclaimed, "The Hulk!"
Okay, well I'm a total football NUT so I love the Super Bowl (although nothing beats college football!) I have to say the commercials were pretty bad except I loved the e-trade commercials. Those cracked me up to no end.
Wow, you now have 5 readers! Aby you've almost doubled in one day. (I'm joking of course, we all know you have more than 5 people that read this blog.)
Thank you! You are the first person, besides myself, to admit they don't give a rip about the SuperBowl. The commercial, I have to admit, was great, however. "Hi, Janice!" Love it!
i am so glad you enjoyed this, i am surprised you had never seen it before, it's so classic. it's been around for a couple years, i think it came out when i was still an Advertising student at BYU and we actually got to watch the superbowl commercials for our homework...those were the days.
it's so funny because i totally grew up in a house with sports always on the TV especially the Superbowl but i really only ever watched it for the commercials. nowadays, i don't even have to watch it cause i just catch them all online afterwards. this year my favorite was CareerBuilders.com: [url=http://www.hulu.com/superbowl/55633/super-bowl-xliii-ads-careerbuildercom-tips#s-p1-sn-i0//url]check it out[/url]
doh! i guess that html didn't work so just copy and paste this in the address bar:
http://www.hulu.com/superbowl/55633/super-bowl-xliii-ads-careerbuildercom-tips#s-p1-sn-i0
"it's gold!"
Post a Comment