1. No, I do not know or get together with other cop wives.
2. Jeff's sargeant does not yell or berate his officers. In fact he's a really nice, mellow guy who gave them all $20 movie theater gift certificates for Christmas.
3. The cops who give speeding tickets are part of the traffic division. Therefore, not every (in fact MOST) cops you meet will not be hiding on the street somewhere to give you a ticket. Jeff has vowed to NEVER be in the traffic division.
4. Most of the calls that Jeff goes on have something to do with alcohol. He is constantly saying how if they would ban alcohol then most crime would be prevented. Don't believe him? I'm sure he'd be happy to sign you up for a ride along so you can experience the drunken and disorderly state of most criminal activity yourself!
5. Jeff does not get to drive his Police car home. Apparently in Kansas they can, I'm not sure if it's all of them or just Sargeants. But here in KCMO - are you kidding? They barely have enough cars for the officers on duty.
6. There are a bunch of places that feed cops for free in Kansas City. This was hard for Jeff to take advantage of at first, for some reason he felt bad about it. But after a while, and some pushing from me, he now takes full advantage of the freebies.
7. Heard about the thin blue line? It's totally real, these guys are keeping the nasties on the street at bay so they don't show up on your doorstep.
Smile at a cop today!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The Truth About Cops and Robbers (In KCMO)
Posted by Aby Runyan at 11:13 PM
Labels: Jeffy, Police Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
Great post. I'll be sure to share it with Jason. He's always intrigued about the details of Jeff's job. I think it's kind of cool Jason and Jeff deal with the same people, especially where Jason was working before this.
Can I just say I am amazed you had Sable in your room for 7 months. I was pushing the boys out as fast as possible just so I could get some sleep. They were both very loud!
That's so interesting, thanks for sharing. You must be so proud of Jeff. I know I am. :)
Karen
*SMILE*
I don't know what the thin blue line is, but I'm grateful for cops. Thank you!!
beware...string of random thoughts in response to this post:
i also am in the dark about this "thin blue line" thing...can you fill me in? man, if Eloy ever comes with us to visit you, he would be in heaven to go on a ride along with Jeff. ironicly, he wanted to be NYPD the entire time he lived in NY. i am glad Jeff is taking advantage of the free food...he defintely deserves it. btw, have you guys seen the great TV show "LIFE?" i absolutely love it, a real great cop show. if you haven't seen it check it out anytime for free on hulu.com, my new favorite website. love ya!
Post a Comment