Tuesday, March 3, 2009

For Those Who Asked, And Those Who Didn't But Still Don't Know

The Thin Blue Line, a colloquial term for police and police forces, derived from The Thin Red Line and suggesting that a thin line of police officers is all that prevents civilized society from descending into chaos; it can also refer to the brotherhood of the profession.

-Wikipedia

5 luvs:

Jan said...

Which begs the question, "What is the Thin Red Line?" Aha, a chance to finally use info garnered in all those Bernard Cornwell novels about Private, Sgt, Lt. Captain, and Major Sharpe: it comes from the "thin line" of Redcoats, two, maybe three rows deep who could hold off overwhelming numbers by sheer determination and training. Maybe that holds true for police as well. I know I appreciate men and women who are willing to put themselves on the line to protect us from the bad guys. Way to go Jeff!

Every Star Is Different said...

Your response to the post counts! I'd love to make something for you and to get two gifts in return... It sounds like a deal to me!!!

elizabeth said...

Thank you. I feel smarter.

elizabeth said...

Thank you. I feel smarter.

elizabeth said...

Sorry. I hit publish twice. And now I've left three comments.