Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Name. . .

. . .is Abigail Lindsy.

. . .that's right, Lind-S-Y.

. . .was spelled this way by my Dad.

. . .causes a lot of people trouble.


My Nickname. . .

. . .is Aby.

. . .that's right, A-B-Y.

. . .was spelled this way by (you got it) my Dad.

. . .is often spelled Abi or Abby or Abbie.

. . .makes me cringe when I see it spelled Abi.

. . .is a good one.


I like my name.

It's romantic, and strong (if not WAAAY overused now).

But I don't like being CALLED Abigail.

Because frankly it's way too long and formal.

My Dad always introduces and refers to me as Abigail.

I do not like this.

Now my Mom seems to have started.

I don't like being called Ab, or Abs, or Abster, or Flabby Aby.

Even though that last one is somewhat true and funny.

4 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Way to go girl! Be honest and blunt. (Gee I hope I didn't spell your name wrong again, did I?) Okay, so I've been trying to think of ideas for your homemade gift, but have realized I really don't know you that well. I now know your name though, which helps. Of course I know you're a mom and you like to sew, play Rock Band 2, and want to be a writer someday... oh and you like to give your kids lots of presents, but that really isn't much. What is the Aby like before kids, or when the kids are asleep? It seems kind of silly to send a survey, but that's kind of the type of stuff that would be good to know. In return I'll answer any questions you have about me. I just want to actually personalize the gift and... I'm coming up short on that end. Thanks a bunch! You don't have to post it, you can just e-mail if you want.

Lewis Family said...

HAHA, I made you cringe with my last comment, huh!? Sorry!

Jan said...

It's sort of amazing to realize mistakes made over the years, even though they were unintentional. Yes, we've called you Ab, and Abs and even Abster but NEVER Flabby Aby. I only wrote Abigail in my blog because, well, it the reason seems fairly inconsequential now. I will try to remember to simply stick with Aby. Do you suppose Spence hates "S-man" and Josh hates "JJ" and Rob hates Rib Roast? For some reason Danny was always just Danny although when he was very young it was Bay. Did I ever tell you that when I was a teenager I really wanted my name to be Tiffany? There weren't many Tiffanys then and it was very sophisticated. After all these years I'm still plain old Jan.

ericareynolds said...

I don't want to cause any family drama but I have to say that I was at dinner with your parent's last night and I am absolutely positive your mother called you "Abigail" when talking about you. :)