A few weeks ago we did another round of kid's dates, and again they were grand successes and big hits with the kiddos. I've said this before but I'd highly recommend doing these with your kids. It's a amazing how much they love to be one-on-one, and how much of their true personality you get to see.
1. Jeff and Rome played sports together, they left the house with a bag filled with balls, bat and frisbee. This is by far Rome's favorite thing to do with his Daddy.
2. Rome and I went to McDonald's to get a Happy Meal, (we go to McDonald's a LOT but Happy Meals are a special treat) and play as much air hockey as we could fit in our time there. Rome could play air hockey all day every day. Sable REALLY wanted to go, and Rome being the nice guy he is let her tag along.
3. Capri and Jeff went to the movie "Hotel For Dogs". She's been planning on "going to the movies for my next kid date with Daddy" for quite a while.
4. Capri and I went to the Quilt exhibit at the Toy and Miniature Museum. These were doll and miniature quilts made mainly by children. So amazing and inspiring. We of course had to check out Mar-Mar's marbles as well. Jeff's Mom is called "The Marble Lady" as she and her husband have the nation's largest marble collection. A couple years ago they donated the bulk of it to the museum which built a whole wing to house it along with a huge collection of their marble games. Because of their donation the whole family has a lifetime membership to the museum, sweet eh?
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Kid Dates Numero Tres
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
Okay, so the marble thing... Now I know all the crazy stories about Jeff are true. I had my doubts about some of them, but this marble collection confirms that all of them are possible.
Now a question-you mentioned McDonalds is a normal thing, but Happy Meals are treats. What else do you get at McDonalds for your kids if not a Happy Meal? My only guess could be the dolar menu, but I think even that would be the same price if not more. Again, it's early in the morning so if I'm missing something, please forgive me.
The family I nannied for (the first one where the mom was a "little" crazy, did this whole kid date thing. For that reason I've kind of boycotted the idea, even though I know it would be a wonderful experience. Perhaps I should get off my soap box (and tell Jason too also) and start preparing to do that as the boys get older. Of course Owen and only Owen went to the grocery store with Mommy yesterday. I think that counts. He picked out his own breakfast cereal and treat for the week. I am quite proud and excited he chose Trix for breakfast. Now the treat-Race Car Little Debbie snacks... those things are discusting, but they're for Owen, so it doesn't really matter. Hope you have a great Sabbath. We'll be at home sick. Yuck!
Okay, so the marble thing... Now I know all the crazy stories about Jeff are true. I had my doubts about some of them, but this marble collection confirms that all of them are possible.
Now a question-you mentioned McDonalds is a normal thing, but Happy Meals are treats. What else do you get at McDonalds for your kids if not a Happy Meal? My only guess could be the dolar menu, but I think even that would be the same price if not more. Again, it's early in the morning so if I'm missing something, please forgive me.
The family I nannied for (the first one where the mom was a "little" crazy, did this whole kid date thing. For that reason I've kind of boycotted the idea, even though I know it would be a wonderful experience. Perhaps I should get off my soap box (and tell Jason too also) and start preparing to do that as the boys get older. Of course Owen and only Owen went to the grocery store with Mommy yesterday. I think that counts. He picked out his own breakfast cereal and treat for the week. I am quite proud and excited he chose Trix for breakfast. Now the treat-Race Car Little Debbie snacks... those things are discusting, but they're for Owen, so it doesn't really matter. Hope you have a great Sabbath. We'll be at home sick. Yuck!
That is very cool about the marbles. I'm impressed.
Yeah the marbles are cool... I already knew about them though, I'm lovin that you do kid dates! how fantastic! I'm gonna have to show this to Alex & start a new tradition.
is that "The Generation Doll" Capri is holding? i remember you telling me about getting her one when we came to visit last year.
i totally need to do the kid date thing. last Sunday, Natty stayed home from church sick with Papi, so it was just Elora, Soren and me. although it felt like just Elora and me since Soren slept the whole Sacrament Meeting. she was in heaven not having to fight with Natty for my attention. i hadn't realized until that moment that most of the chaos of church resonates from my 3 year old. it was a nice break:)
Post a Comment